News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

60 loans for $1,625 ...  :faint:

LawryB

You must have a heart of gold Dataman.  Well done.

BTW, I received my first payment.  I am now have 02 cents in the kitty.  "Small cows" take a while to grow I guess.

Dataman

That's the whole team's golden hearts. Amazing how fast it grows once reinvesting begins.  :congrats

Dataman

The monthly KIVA payback has started. I should be able to make two more loans. :dance:

Dingo

Still only have $15 paid back, need to wait a bit longer.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Thanks for the heads up, had enough for another 2. Chose one myself and used autopick for the other.   ;D

2 of the loans I made previously have now been repaid in full.

veebee

Wow ... you guys are "lucky" (or [obviously] I picked "bad" people to lend to !) ....

I have gotten a whopping $3.29 back from $50 loaned !

kashi

Nah, I just picked a few with the shortest repayment term. If the loan has been actually allocated a month or more before you choose it, then one with a 6 month repayment term can end up being fully repaid in under 5 months.

Doesn't really matter, short term or long term, I just wanted a few to be turning over. Actually for people in the poorest countries or where the loan is for seasonal agriculture or stock raising a longer term loan may actually be more helpful. Depends on the circumstances and your viewpoint, at first I believed that shorter term loans were a better idea as they minimised the total interest being charged to borrowers but then I realised that a longer loan term meant that a larger amount could be borrowed or each monthly repayment could be less. Now I alternate between picking one myself which is usually shorter term and using autopick which often chooses a longer term one for me.

Dingo

I have over $24 back from my $100 loaned so will be able to loan again on the next repayment.  Taken a long time to get there though.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Please welcome Jave to B@A's Kiva team. Jave is a long-time Kiva member since '07 with 127 loans.

:welcome1:

We now have 12 members with 85 loans of $2,225. Good job mates!

:aus1:

kashi

Dataman

The monthly repayment process has started. I can make 4 new loans.  :dance:

:aus1:

kashi

Woot, 2 new loans made.  :thumbsup:

My autopick this time is for cows and a horse in Kyrgyzstan.  ;D

veebee

I am still having dreadful luck with (out) repayments .... but made another nonetheless ..

have also posted a note to all my friends on facebook about Kiva, and suggested that they look at joining a team if they are interested in loaning - OUR team of course !

DidierT

3 new loans for me  :crazy