News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Hey DM was the ziag driver app able to find your $5 U3?

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on February 05, 2017, 04:01:18 PM
Hey DM was the ziag driver app able to find your $5 U3?
No, neither Win10 nor zadig shows it.  :thumbdown:

Daniel

My Antminer U3 from Croatia arrived today. So far it's working well.  :fingers

chooka03

Well that bodes well for me then Daniel.
Thanks for the update!

JugNut

:crazy Whoo Hoo!! another ant in the colony. :crazy

Congrats on the new member in the family Daniel,  more firepower in the team is always welcome.

@ Chooka:  Be patient mate it will be your turn soon enough. ;)

Crunch-on....  :wavey2:

Dataman

Dingo

Glad that you have got it beat.  Congrats on getting the U3.  :congrats :congrats

I got a U3 today that I bought off ebay last week.  Had to buy the power supply and USB cable which which cost more than the U3, should have waited and ordered them on Amazon I think, but I wanted to get it going..  I had a devil of a time getting it going but I think it is off to the races now but I am one Gecko down because I ran out of room on the powered Hub.  Will have to order one tonight.

:congrats01 again and remember  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on February 07, 2017, 02:21:32 PM
I got a U3 today that I bought off ebay last week. 
One more to the ant army.  :congrats

Dingo

I was a bit too quick to say it was OK.   It did run for a while but it stopped and now all I get is the zeros.   Have given up0 for tonight will try again tomorrow.   :compbash: :banghead

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

JugNut

I found that the U3's don't like to share with other kinds of miners, they work MUCH better when working on there own PC.

Good luck,  & congrats on your new purchase.

chooka03

Urgh    :compbash:
So my U3 arrived but I've tried 3 times to get zadig installed and it's failed each time.
I can see the device but Zadig won't install. You guys ever come across that?

I've run out of time for today  :banghead

chooka03

I cannot for the life of me get the zadig driver to install.
Tried rolling back the original driver, intalling the WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver (the one that won't install), tried different USB ports.

I can see the device in device manager and Zadig can also see the device... the driver just won't install.

The fan runs and I see 2 red lights in the U3.
Am I missing something??

Edit..Hmm maybe it is working? I see a couple of completed WU in around 24min?
I'll check in the morning.
Just to add insult to injury, the DVI port on my monitor died.... I've had to rig up a HDMI connection.  :faint:

Goodnight :wavey2:

JugNut

Hey Chooka, if you had installed ziag on that PC previously then the U3 was probably installed automatically.

Also you get one red light when you have power & USB plugged in.  The second red light indicates it's hashing(working).  It's just like the gekko's hashing light but with the U3 it doesn't flash it just stays solid.  So yea 2 red light's is a good thing, when that second red light goes out you know it's time for a hot plug. 

Congrats Buddy.  :thumbsup:

Dataman

@ Dingo: I agree with JN, you cannot mix miners. Here is how I add a miner.
1. Suspend BU.
2. Abort BU wu's that are running.
3. Edit cc_config. to new number of miners.
4. Install new miner device.
5. Run zadig and check EACH miner for proper driver (WinUSB). Install WinUSB as necessary.
6. Boot the PC.
7. Run zadig and check EACH miner AGAIN.
8 If OK, resume BU.

@ Chooka: Looks like you got it working. Another ant in the hill!  :congrats

chooka03

Morning!
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Although encouraging to hear I need 2 red lights..... I'm a bit skeptical that it's working properly. Guess I'll know over the next few days.
I have a feeling I'll need to as you said Dataman. All up I reckon I tried about 7 times to install the Zadig driver last night and each time it said Driver Failed. However after a restart, all miner descriptions in device manager match and apparently were working properly.
I don't feel any heat coming off the fan though. I would have expected some heat.

Maybe I should just try the U3 by itself running 1 WU to establish if its working.

Thx again guys!