News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

ATI Work Units

Started by LawryB, October 15, 2012, 09:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owner

I've got a few but not as many as normal ::)

LawryB

Me too but they are taking longer to process.

EDIT:  Different WuS.  These are mysqlsha1_loweralpha-numeric etc.  Not seen them before.

JugNut

There back alright but.....   Like Lawry says much longer crunch times, like 100%  longer for the latest batch with my HD 7970.   

The old
ntlm = 7mins 40secs

last ones
md5 = 9mins 15secs

New ones
mysqlsha1 = 18mins 35secs

I havn't had one validate yet but if the credit stays the same as before it's bye bye to rainbows for me..

LawryB

Roughly 700 credits a minute should make you happy.   :drool:

JugNut

Oooh sounds tempting..
How much per WU  Lawry?     I still havn't had one validate yet.  ??? 

My over all daily credit is way down,  because of this and other unrelated misbehaving PC adventures...

I think No1 i7 is getting close to being put out to pasture.   Luckily for me my new i7 3770k is all most ready to be assembled when the last parts arrive.   Not a bad platform to build with (z77) some nice savings can be made too, and for similar porformace as well to x79.  Err all going to plan that is.. (we'll see)  :wink

Crunch on.. ..JN..

JugNut

Nope ripped off again

The old
ntlm = 7mins 40secs  --- Original & highest paying

last ones
md5 = 9mins 15secs   --- Same credit for 30% more work (in other words 30% less credit)

New ones
mysqlsha1 = 18mins 35secs  ---- This time 100% more work for 41% more credit (in other words another 59% less credit)

At this rate if they keep changing work unit types another 4 or 5 more times we'll be giving them credit  :furious:

EDIT: to correct math

JugNut

Any one else getting rainbows?  Haven't had any in days...  nothing on there forums either  ???  ???

owner

Their work generator has been off for the last few days according to their server status.  Reckon all there is are resends. Have no idea why

JugNut

Thanks Tin Man,  yea another odd thing is on there boinc home page they have a large ticker timer counting down about the rainbow resurrection challenge ends in 83 days, 6hrs : 40min's ect ect.  I was in that challenge it was in April last year an went for 3 days only WTF ???

The games afoot my dear Watson...   It's Moriarty to blame,  I'll bet my pipe on it..  :jester:

All the best JN

owner

Rainbows have work again.

JugNut

:cheer1: biggrin :cheer1:

EDIT:  :cheer1: New WU's "mysqlsha1_mixalpha-numeric-all-Plus..." type.   Crunch time's have been cut in 1/2, it may have been worth the wait.    We'll have to wait & see about credit situation?

EDIT 2:  Same credit as before.   But because 1/2 the time needed = Much better credits situation.  Again so far...     So unless they change back in line with the past..  as of now, happy days are here again:-)