News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Competition for four sensors

Started by Dingo, October 25, 2012, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_worms

You can put it where ever u like even outside (mind that the sensor is not waterproof)
You can use USB extension cable it has to be good quality extension cable

d_worms

Last Chance to Sign Up for the competition
I'm planing on running a one week competition on Rosetta@Home which will start 01/11/2012 at 00:00 UTC .  The  the top four participants with the highest credits after this week will receive a radioactive@home sensor kindly donated by boinc@poland team members.  Members that are interested please give your names on this post.  Nominations will cease at 31/10/2012 at 00:00 UTC.

URL to find out the start time where you are is:
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx?y=2012&mo=11&d=01&h=0&mn=00

Dingo will run the competition for me and will give daily statistics etc.

Cruncher Pete

owner

Sean

Sure, Rosetta is one of my favorite projects  ;D

Scott

Ok... I'll tentatively throw my name in the ring too - it's been a little while since I last crunched there :)

Dingo

At 11 am tomorrow my time the nominations close.

At 11 am 01 Nov 12  I will go to BOINCSTATS and that will be the start point for the credits for each user.  Each day at around 11 am I will publish the stats for the members that are in the challenge.   At 11 am on the 08 Nov 12 the final credits will be taken I will let d_worms know who the winners are.  He will then contact you for delivery details.

If anyone has any major objections now is the time to put in your 2 cents worth, not at the end.

Crunch on  v:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

JugNut

Maybe a list of eligible participating nominee's so there's no confusion & bruised feelings at the end.

Dingo

Quote from: JugNut on October 30, 2012, 02:35:29 PM
Maybe a list of eligible participating nominee's so there's no confusion & bruised feelings at the end.

So far the list is as follows I believe:

JugNut
Mike Mitchell
Cruncher Pete
WikiWill
Scott T
Tin Man
Sean

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

Quote from: Dingo on October 30, 2012, 06:00:27 PM
Quote from: JugNut on October 30, 2012, 02:35:29 PM

So far the list is as follows I believe:

JugNut
Mike Mitchell
Cruncher Pete
WikiWill
Scott T
Tin Man
Sean

So this is the final list, good luck to you all.  :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

Well just to throw one last wrench in the works (at least for me)  It seems the gods don't have a radioactive@home sensor plan for me.   At the moment i'm down one machine.  My main work horse has thrown a shoe.  I decided to try out some rossetta's (mini's) & checked my results a few hours later & the afore mentioned workhorse has nothing but "client errors".  After a frantic night of going through the usual suspects, you know re -starting Boinc,  checking this & that multiple re-boots, de-attaching re-attaching rossetta &.. bubkiss, zilch, nada, nothin. 

Any thoughts guys? It's got to be specific to that machine but what?  I have a post at rosetta but it seems there admins are few & far between these days with lots of people with errors there & not much help. But none quite like mine so i'm guessing it's just something on my end.

So unless one of my genius boinc team mates has a good idea then, well...  :cry2:

I'll try one last reset but I don't like my chances.  I bet it's something simple starring me in the face but for the life of me I cant figure out what.

Oh & good luck to all for tomorrow..  ..JN..

LawryB

Not you mate, The new I7s have this problem or so says the dude who answered your post.
Take note of all the other errors being reported.   Looks like Baker Labs has a lot of work to do.

Useless thought of the Day.  Bananas are radioactive which would figure seeing I'm a lost Queenslander who eats them by the bucketload oops hand.

JugNut

Thanks Lawry I hadn't seen that post yet.   While I suppose it helps a tiny bit knowing others (a least 1) have the problem i'm still short a fix.  Because after reading that guys post I wondered if that was indeed the case of a major boinc project not supporting newer i7's.   Unfortunately it's not completely the case as I looked at the statistics page at "top computers" and there where hand full's of 3930's in the top 20's & beyond so unless it's stepping specific then it's probably not that.

Anyway the hunt continues. Crunch-on.. & oh happy Halloween  :wink

Scott

Interesting.  Tough luck JN - I almost went for a 3930 as well but price wasn't justifiable for me, so dropped back to the 3820.  Fortunately all running fine so far.

tazzduke

Greetings Dingo and fellow members

Sorry but I will have to pass on this one, got a few projects running at the moment with a reasonable size cache which will take a few days to complete.

Maybe next time lol

Good luck to those who are having a go.

Regards and happy crunching
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant