News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by JugNut, April 07, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawryB

Just activated hyperthreading on the I7 and along with the optimised app its knocking over 9 WUs in 1 min to 1 min 50 secs.  Haven't OC'd it yet and only running at 75% CPUs and 75% load.  Also running the GPU 7950 punched up to 950.
Working on my other old PCs now to see what they can do with the optimised app.

JugNut

Good on ya Lawry,  get stuck into it mate.  I'm #4 so far in the challenge & Kashi not to far behind & Dingo & Tazz starting to fire up as well. :thumbsup:

Not enough of us to win ATM but the teams in 2nd place & should hold it if we can keep up the pace.

:rocks

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Sean

I will join when the WCG HCC workunits runs out, might get a gold badge if I push it. So I should join you guys in a few days at most.

Dingo

kashi +1 for finding the boincstats images for the Challenge.   :congrats :congrats

EDIT:   I put a post on the Team Web Page under Team news.  User stats here  http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/user/list/375/credits

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

JugNut

Grrr 1 pooter crunching air,  the others aren't far behind,  log say's   "Project has no tasks available" & server the says the same thing "0 tasks ready to send".   :hbang:

I've put a post on FM@H board we'll see what happens.

My personal stat's

Dingo

I am getting
Quote26-Apr-13 18:40:53 | fightmalaria@home | Project is temporarily shut down for maintenance
so just have to wait I guess.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

JugNut

Ring the dinner bell lunch is back on,  dig in.  biggrin (there's work again)   I'll see if a larger cache can helps get through the odd rough patch.   Can't hurt I guess?

EDIT: This is the response kevin gave to my query about lack of work.

QUOTE:
Sorry about that. I'm working on getting things moving a bit faster at the moment. The work generator is running but there are lots of clients.

I'll keep you posted but it's possible that we are at the limits of what our hardware can handle and there is little chance of getting new hardware. I'll keep trying to speed things up but I can't make any promises.
Kevin

My personal stat's

kashi

Yes, at an average of about 2 minutes per task, cache runs out quite quickly. I'll increase it to 800, that gives me about 4 hours grace if there is an outage.

If the validator keeps up, at 2am I will have a better idea of how much faster the optimised application is. Previous optimised app daily totals on BOINCstats were boosted by the validator delay going from 13 hours to zero. Currently heading towards about 12,000, previous best with default app was 8,284 so it looks to be around 50% speed up.
Big thanks to Sesef for his skilful wizardry.:thumbsup:

tazzduke

Woohoo, crunching, crunching, ohhh feed me, yes feed me, I shall till I hit 50K :-)

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

JugNut

Way to go Tazz,  actually the teams doing great,  still in 2nd place with a big lead over the next placed team,  and it seems we are slowly gaining again.  Not enough to win ATM, but all we'd need is for one or two extra crunchers with a good amount of fire power to help us out & we "could" still win.     When you consider how few of us there are crunching this challenge each one of us is doing flippen awesome.

:rocks

PS Big thanks again to Kashi for finding the app, it's quicker than the old one that's for sure. :thumbsup:

My personal stat's

tazzduke

Thanks JN, but look out for Ian W, I think thats his surname initial, from out the blue is cranking up the turbo lol, oh he's team Boinc@Australia as well lol.

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

JugNut

No worries Tazz,  & that's great mate the more cruncher's the merrier.    Are you using the app that Kashi found?  The link can be found in an earlier post by Kashi if you wish to give it a try.

Crunch-on JN

My personal stat's

kashi

Mozzed myself trying to get a daily optimised total, my line turned to a mess of crackly static late Friday night. Constant dropouts, the only way to get it to synch is to have the phone "off hook". Grrr, that's so annoying, the line has been fine for the last 9-12 months since a tech swapped me to another pair. Even my mum was disappointed as I couldn't stream any old episodes of Poirot for her all weekend. Line was starting to get a little ornery earlier on Friday, wonder if someone's pinched my good line? NBN due here in October, only have to restrain myself from doing my nana for another 6 months. :boom:

Team is going great, Ian's 24 cores have boosted our firepower nicely even on the default app. :thumbsup:

I'm doing the best I can with this unreliable connection. Downloaded lots of tasks into my cache on Saturday to tide me over when there was no connection, unfortunately many were longies and there were few high paying shorties. :rofl:

LawryB

Bummer Kashi but that is Sod's law.

I've got everything on this now, Macs, PCs, Calculators, IPhones, Abacus,  Tap Timers, absolutely everything.   Lets's see if we can catch the leader

JugNut

Quote from: LawryB on April 29, 2013, 08:09:45 AM

I've got everything on this now, Macs, PCs, Calculators, IPhones, Abacus,  Tap Timers, absolutely everything.   Lets's see if we can catch the leader
:rofl:

Also to show my complete ignorance I had to google Sod's Law & when I did I found a few more goodies..

http://www.heretical.com/miscellx/sodslaws.html

EDIT: @ Kashi: Mozzed myself..   biggrin  Not to worry Kashi read the above laws, they may (or may not) comfort you some.

My personal stat's