News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Updates

Started by JugNut, June 22, 2013, 10:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

:crazy  :crazy  Collatz now has BADGES   :crazy  :crazy

See my sig for a look at one of the little beauties. (there retroactive)   err the round purplely one.. biggrin 

I guess many of us may now have one.

Crunch-on.....

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dingo

Good spotting I have one as well  :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

d_worms

Dingo

Collatz is back up and running.  I have returned all my completed tasks and they have been validated OK.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dataman

Project Down Until...
It seems a few people have come up with a way to game the system. Until I figure out what damage they have done and how many thousands of work units need to be re-issued, the daemons are shut down. You should still be able to return any completed work units and they will eventually be validated and credit given if valid, but no new work units will be sent until new applications and server daemons have been developed.

:thumbdown:

JugNut

I'm surprised it took this long,  while we've seen the occasional bit of cheating in the past it was only someones strange idea of laughs,  just so they could say they could do it.  But it's a whole new ball game now there's real money involved(grid coins).  These guys are the first members of gridcoin caught with there hands in the till but something tells me they won't be the last.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: 

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on April 13, 2018, 02:32:26 AM
I'm surprised it took this long,  while we've seen the occasional bit of cheating in the past it was only someones strange idea of laughs,  just so they could say they could do it.  But it's a whole new ball game now there's real money involved(grid coins).  These guys are the first members of gridcoin caught with there hands in the till but something tells me they won't be the last.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:  

Ditto ... my thoughts as well. Diligent inspection on the part of project scientists notwithstanding, I expect fraud to mushroom. Unfortunately this puts an even greater burden on projects as they cannot trust even "valid" results. I see no effort on the part of "BOINC" itself to do any remedial action. It does not bode well for Distributed Computing as participation dwindles and some projects (e.g. POEM) have found it is better to leave BOINC and do the calc's themselves rather than put up with the administrative "overhead" of running a DC project. I am not encouraged.

Well mates, I still have not fixed DM04.  :cry Spent some time yesterday moving the RPi's from Collatz to Einstein. I updated Raspian to the current version on all 7 of them as I had not done it for over a year. It took longer than I expected. Unfortunately an ARM wu at Einstein runs longer and produces a lot less credit.

The gorgeous weather continues but there is more rain coming this weekend. We need all we can get.

:cheers:

tazzduke

Its a shame about Collatz, all the work the Admin has got to do now, it does not bode well, is it possible we could see a domino effect through other projects as well?

Thats not a good result with the RPI's and Einstein, its a shame they dont work on WCG (There has been mention of it on the forums, but nothing heading to a solution) otherwise I would have laid out for some.

Well at least with Rain coming, you may get to fix DM04 after all.

Cheers and keep up the good stories lol.

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dataman

Anyone else notice that the badges have changed at Collatz site (but not at the sig site)? I now have a badge, shaped as a badge showing I am a Sargent First Class (500 million). Do I get a pay raise with that promotion?  :jester:

Dingo

:yahoo: :rofl:

Yes I have one that says 100M with one star, no pay rise but a change is as good as a holiday.  I was going to change the forum Theme to this one http://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?board=207.0 just for the change but just did it for the new project till out of Alpha or Beta whatever it is in.

Radioactive@home graph

Dataman

Another one bites the dust ...

"2022-06-06: Collatz Conjecture, Finish Up Your Work

I'll be losing my "computer room" in my basement this week while water seepage mitigation is done. After that, the house goes on the market as I'll be relocating to a state with nicer climate with fewer corrupt politicians and lower taxes. The result is that the Collatz project will be down for some time. Please set your machines to get no new work because you likely won't be able to return the work before it times out. The work starts Wednesday so I have to have everything cleared out prior to that so it may be Monday or Tuesday when it gets shut down. Once I move, I don't know how reliable the broadband will be, but I'm hoping that since it will be fiber and not cable TV based, it will be decent. It should be faster and less expensive, but I can't predict when the Collatz project will be back online at this time."

chooka03

I can't believe Collatz is run from a basement!!  :rofl:

On another note...JUGNUT!!!!!!! You're back mate!!!!!!!!!   :party:
Good to hear from you.
Thought you had fallen off the face of the Earth mate.

Dataman

Quote from: chooka03 on June 09, 2022, 08:25:50 PM

Good to hear from you.
???
Did I miss something?

chooka03

Quote from: Dataman on June 09, 2022, 11:59:36 PM
Quote from: chooka03 on June 09, 2022, 08:25:50 PM

Good to hear from you.
???
Did I miss something?

Yes mate.
Jugnut has been M.I.A for... well years now I think! Just stopped posting long ago.
Glad to see him back (well I think he's back)  :thumbsup: