News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by JugNut, April 01, 2015, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Universe stats have been updated at freeDC so it shouldn't be long before it shows up at boinc-stats.
Although there are now only 7 team members with credit and only 8 with credit in the entire country.  https://stats.free-dc.org/team/uni/21
It will pick up as people realize what's happened but still what a pain.

Merry Xmas  :wavey2:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

JugNut

So it seems like Willy is just holding off from updating universe stats until more people have got around to selecting the GDPR setting.  https://classic.boincstats.com/en/forum/5/12377,1#150360

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Yep, saw that in the BS forum. Starting to get irritated as I have ~6 million credits somewhere in limbo.  :thumbdown:

Dataman

The new ULX wu's have been a disaster. The output files are large and have completely chocked my network so I have shut down all machines until tonight. I have over 1,000 wu's pending upload so hopefully they will clear out tonight when my netwok is idle.

:fingers

chooka03

Oh great!
Thanks for the update Dataman. Guess I won't bother with the sprint then.

chooka03

Wow... Stoneageman & VietOz are going NUTS on Universe@Home!  :shock
VeitOz is a bit less than the equivalent of 10 x 3950X processors. (That's not what he/she has, just a rough equivalent)

*Sigh.... It's what most of us would dream of doing if we could. Lets face it. Absolutely crush a project.

C........monnnnn......LOTTO numbers!!!  :jester:

I'm not sure if it's a team thing or a personal rivalry between the 2.  :cheers:
There's only 13 crunching the project the these guys aren't even half of the BIG GUNS...... Cruncher Pete included.

The real winner is science. :AUS: :uk :sc :USA1 :ch :can :fr :rom :NZ :pf

Dataman

The project admin is in the hospital with COVID. No new work until he is released.

Drop by the forum and wish him well.

Dataman

Dingo

I updated my Work Buffer to 2 days just in case.

Short breake.
In the near future (today or tomorrow) there may be an unannounced downtime of the server. It should not last longer than an hour and is related to the change of some disks on the main project server.
We do not expect any loss of job, the whole thing should last no more than an hour.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

Quote[Universe@Home] Pchd Chriss Belczyński passed away...
With deep regret, we announce that on January 13, 2024, Prof. Dr. hab. Krzysztof Belczyński, an employee of the Nicolaus Copernicus Astronomical Center of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw and Universe@Home project author, passed away.

Professor Belczyński had been associated with our institute since 1995. It was then that he began his research on novae stars, followed by the synthesis of stellar populations and the processes of formation of compact objects - neutron stars and black holes. He obtained his doctorate in physical sciences with a specialization in astronomy in 2001. Between 2000 and 2009, he completed numerous scientific internships at foreign research centers. From 2009 to 2017, he was associated with the Astronomical Observatory of the University of Warsaw. In 2010, he obtained his postdoctoral degree, and in 2014 he was awarded the title of professor of physical sciences. Since 2017, he had been employed at the Nicolaus Copernicus Astronomical Center of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw as a professor.

Professor Belczyński was a theoretical astrophysicist, specializing in the study of compact objects, such as black holes, neutron stars, and white dwarfs. He is the author of over 200 peer-reviewed scientific publications, published in renowned international journals. He led numerous research projects, including the MAESTRO NCN grant and the MASTER FNP program, and supervised doctoral students. His research contributed significantly to the advancement of understanding the physics of compact objects and their evolution. His work is crucial for understanding the nature of gravitational wave sources, which are currently one of the most important topics of scientific research.

View article · Tue, 16 Jan 2024 05:19:50 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Abruraspingi

very sad news. His achievements will live on

Dingo

Quote[Universe@Home] Universe@Home future

The time has come to inform you about what will happen next with the Universe@Home project.

As you know, Krzysztof Belczyński was the initiator and lead scientist of the project - he was the head of our small team. His sudden passing caused a bit of chaos, which we are gradually trying to manage. Unfortunately, the latest changes in the application code that were being implemented also disappeared with him. For this reason, as well as the necessity to introduce changes to the application code that had been planned for some time, we have decided to temporarily suspend the generation of new WUs.

As of today, we already know that Universe@Home will not end - it is being taken under the wing of Prof. Tomasz Bulik (https://nauka-polska.pl/#/profile/scientist?id=23855&lang=en&_k=ta6rhj). Nevertheless, we must ask for your patience; at this moment, the most important thing is to manage the organizational and formal matters and to work on the changes in the code. This should take us two to three months.

I will keep you updated.

View article · Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:40:08 +0000

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

Quote[Universe@Home] Planned power maintenance outgage
We have a planned network outage in the CAMK building scheduled for Saturday, March 23rd, 2024.
The outgage start on 7pm CET and finish on Monday, 25th, 8am.

View article · Fri, 22 Mar 2024 13:05:15 +0000

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

They haven't been up and running for ages.

Abruraspingi

yeah it's weird to hear about a network outage when they are still in the mourning period.
Fingers crossed they will be up and running soon