News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, May 31, 2018, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

READ THIS

https://einsteinathome.org/content/gdpr-new-website-features-and-statistics-export-option

You must signify that you agree before you can access your account. You must ALSO go into your security settings and change the new setting to allow export to stat's services. The default is NO. If you participate in Albert (their test project) you must go in and do likewise there.

EDIT: Per Einstein:
"Update: 2018-11-29 - The changes to the Web site have been rolled-out. The statistics export option will go in effect December 17th."

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on November 30, 2018, 03:50:22 AM
READ THIS

https://einsteinathome.org/content/gdpr-new-website-features-and-statistics-export-option

You must signify that you agree before you can access your account. You must ALSO go into your security settings and change the new setting to allow export to stat's services. The default is NO. If you participate in Albert (their test project) you must go in and do likewise there.

EDIT: Per Einstein:
"Update: 2018-11-29 - The changes to the Web site have been rolled-out. The statistics export option will go in effect December 17th."

Yep I couldn't read the post you linked to or even go to my account page without agreeing to Einstein's new terms&conditions. LOL 

I wonder what Einstein's stats will look like after this all kicks in?

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

chooka03

WOW....I can only assume the export data thing has kicked in as our team numbers on BOINCstats just shrunk dramatically!
My guess is anyone who didn't change their settings to allow stat exports now no longer shows up on BOINCstats.

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/5/user/list/0/0/73/#3        <---- I think that will work unless it's specific to my account?

Dingo

Yes I think the majority of users attch to a project and never change thir preferences again.  It looks as if we are down to 29 users in Einstein. Acording to Formula BOINC our total credits were 5,254,430,782 yesterday and BoincStats has maintained the total, as of now anyway.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Oh I didn't even think about Formula Boinc!
Gee that will be interesting.

JugNut

Oh yea me too. Sheesh all that work we put in. *shudders in fear*

@Dingo: Maybe create a subject about the issue in the news section. That way over time when team members drop by they'll hopefully see the news and change their settings accordingly.
I guess you could also email team members?

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dingo

No good sending an email as I only get email address from those that tick the box.  I tried to send a Team Message on Einstein but the web page is broken.  I have put in a post on there Message Board about the problem.

On a side note LHC@HOME only shows 2 users.  I will send a message to all the projects on the list

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

chooka03

Quote from: Dingo on December 20, 2018, 05:34:51 PM
No good sending an email as I only get email address from those that tick the box.  I tried to send a Team Message on Einstein but the web page is broken.  I have put in a post on there Message Board about the problem.

On a side note LHC@HOME only shows 2 users.  I will send a message to all the projects on the list

LHC only shows 2 users?
Nothing's changed for me. I can still see all my rankings.

Haha on WCG I've gained 213 places in one day. That will help my terrible global ranking!  :wink

Dingo

Quote from: Dingo on December 20, 2018, 05:34:51 PM
No good sending an email as I only get email address from those that tick the box.  I tried to send a Team Message on Einstein but the web page is broken.  I have put in a post on there Message Board about the problem.

On a side note LHC@HOME only shows 2 users.  I will send a message to all the projects on the list

I got a reply from the Admins to basically say there is no way to send an email till it is fixed sometime next year.  It is good thay the Admin did get back to me and I can see that there explanation looks feasible.

I'm afraid something is broken (software bug) on our end. The problem is that the URL for generating a direct message (DM) uses people's IDs that are comma separated: e.g., userids=1,2,3,4,5, etc. With 1300+ users, that URL is just too long for the Web server to handle.

In fact this "Send Private Message to Team members" functionality needs some attention. I'm sorry to say this won't be looked at into the new year. Until then I don't have a good solution for you.

You can contact members individually by going to the Member list, clicking on a username, and sending message. Obviously its impractical to do this for your team.

Einstein@Home Project

Radioactive@home graph