News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

2019 Tour de Primes

Started by chooka03, February 01, 2019, 06:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

12 x 2080Ti' & 2 x 1080Ti's......................................................................................... :faint:
Wow.

Dingo

Must have more $ than he knows what to do with.  O0

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

tazzduke

Hi There,

Just checking out this guy, has 8 computers with a total of 484 Threads (242 cores), including 4 x AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core Processor

Yep does one of those Workunits on his RTX 2080ti in 85997 seconds for over 943,990.64 credits.

My god, must have one their version of the POWERBALL/LOTTO.

Myself, I would have dropped a couple of those RTXs and got more CPU cores lol. 

Also probably has access to cheap electricity (He could be well connected - wink wink) lol  :BigGrin

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

He's just doing what we'd all do if we had an open cheque book  :wiggle:
Plenty of people out there with loads of money. I'm not one of them though..... not yet. When my speccy stocks on the ASX take off, maybe then? lol

chooka03

CONGRATS TAZZDUKE!!! You lucky bugger!!    :yahoo:

http://www.primegrid.com/show_user.php?userid=70546

You found a prime mate!!

:BigGrin

tazzduke

:dance2: :dance2: :BigGrin :BigGrin :dance2: :dance2:

Woohooo, you make me feel like dancin

Cheers

PS, thanks for the heads up Chooka03, as I wouldnt have found out till the morning lol.

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dingo

:congrats01 Tazzduke +1 the first of many for us.  Well at least I hope we all get at leeast one.  :party: :party:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

Went to have a look and found that I have also found a Prime.   :dance2: :dance2:

Mine is a PPSE and way down the list,

Dingo   BOINC: PPSE   8759ยท21518959+1   457,257   107.37476814555154   Saturday 9th of February 2019 06:02:21 UTC

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

Hey Dingo, you found one as well, roughly 3 hours after I found mine lol.

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

Dingo

Radioactive@home graph

MAGPIE

Quote from: chooka03 on February 10, 2019, 05:29:44 PM
SCORE MAGPIE!!!!

http://www.primegrid.com/show_user.php?userid=378904

Congrats mate  :congrats

:rocks

Thanks mate...I see you haven't got one yet, but keep trying and fingers crossed.

You have had 2 x double checks so far so getting close.   http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/tdp_2019_dc.php

In Boinc computing preferences under options, make sure u set cpu usage to 50% and store zero days of work and additional work.

This will cause your cpu tasks to finish quicker, and you only download what you are crunching, which gives you far better chance of being first.

I,ve had heaps of firsts, but took a long time to get one, so it is still luck basically, but the more gpu/cpu tasks you can complete, the more chances you have, so throw everything at it mate.

BTW you probably knew all this but thought I would say it just in case, and it may help someone else anyhow who reads it :thumbsup:

Congrats to others who have got one so far as well, and lets hope we all get another :wink

chooka03

Hi Magpie.

I haven't seen that page before that you linked and I don't understand the 2 x double checks?
I saw my name in that list twice. What does that mean?

Thank you for the tips. I do indeed have 50% usage and I'm using that app_config mentioned on the forum with 0 days work.

What does this whole 1st thing mean? I see I have quite a few of them but don't really understand how it works. I'm sure luck has a bit to do with it too :)

ps - I won't hold my breath finding one. If this is anything like my gambling luck, I'm a shocker! lol

tazzduke

Excellent work Magpie +1 as well.  :party1:

AA 24 - 53 participant

tazzduke

Greetings All

Found another one :-)

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant