News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

YAFU credit oddity?

Started by chooka03, June 12, 2020, 02:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

No... This isn't a post to complain about the woeful YAF credits.  :jester:

I put a threadripper onto YAFU a couple of days ago right, when I check the tasks in my yafu preferences, this PC has only had 2 tasks. One I aborted and the other is still being worked on (I think I got the dates mixed up in BOINCTASKS... The non bracketed time on this w/u is showing 1 day 23hrs. The time in brackets is showing 4days 20hrs)

However, when I look at my stats on BOINCstats, it shows this PC getting 52,557 credits?
How can that be?

YAFU shows I haven't completed a single work unit yet?
It's bizarre.

The only thing I could think of is the threadripper PC hasn't connected to the server in ages and maybe its showing the last credit from when I crunched? A bit of ....suck back  :rofl:

It's a strange one this project.... it really is.

Moving on shortly, too many other goals.

kashi

Quote from: chooka03 on June 12, 2020, 02:10:55 PM
....The only thing I could think of is the threadripper PC hasn't connected to the server in ages and maybe its showing the last credit from when I crunched? A bit of ....suck back  :rofl:

It's a strange one this project.... it really is....

Yep, you got that right, a suck back indeed!  :jester:
That Threadripper received 33,084 credits on June 7 and 19,473 credits on June 8 = total 52,557.

YAFU certainly is weird and erratic with its credits, I remember once on my dual socket box changing from processing small number of core tasks to 32 core tasks. It resulted in the 32 core tasks completed after the change in task types giving a massively higher credit rate. Think it was during or shortly after the time of the first ten or so tasks when that crazy credit system is in the process of trying unsuccessfully to calibrate itself.

I remember it was so high it was embarrassing because I got a y32 250K badge so easily, so I thought it more discreet not to mention it. Plus it was so unpredictable, I tried to replicate it later with changing around task types and it overcompensated the other way and an 8t task gave only 1 credit!

On my Skylake box I crunched tasks for a really long total CPU time and received absolutely terrible credit rate.

chooka03

Oh the latest debarcle is the same Threadripper and the same wu. Downloaded it 08/06/20 and its been stuck at 100% for days! I decided to reboot that PC and now it says 64% complete!  :compbash:
That's 29 threads tied up for 6 days. Not happy.

I'm moving onto some reliable Primegrid. At least it just works! AND you could discover something.