News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dataman, July 09, 2020, 11:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Minecraft now has badges.

chooka03

Ooh that becomes tempting but I'm going to hold off and not join.
Crunching is a personal thing and space, science, health, maths etc is my thing. Sometimes I lash out to help the team but I don't think Minecraft needs my help.

Happy crunching guys!  O0

Dataman

I do not see the point of it either. I am just crunching it now to pad my credits this Summer. I am down to about 55% of my threads and 33% of my GPU's. Forecast for this weekend is HOT so will probably shut down the remaining GPU's. This is the time of the year I start losing the positions I gained last Winter.  :thumbdown:

Dingo

Quote[Minecraft@Home] Minecraft@Home is Back with New CPU Work – Get Involved Before It's Gone!
We're excited to announce that Minecraft@Home has returned with fresh CPU-based workunits! However, just like the Minecraft universe itself, our computing needs can shift rapidly. While the current tasks are available now, they won't last forever, so we encourage everyone to get involved while you can.

At Minecraft@Home, our projects vary over time, and sometimes we don't need as much (or any) computing power. This is one of those moments where we have specific tasks ready for processing, but once they're completed, the work will wrap up—until our next big discovery awaits! Your contributions will be crucial in helping us achieve our current goals, but remember, the window of opportunity might close sooner than expected.

Earn Your Badge of Honor!

As a token of appreciation for all the contributions, we're introducing badges for each app we launch! By simply participating and running tasks for any specific app, you will automatically earn a badge—symbolizing your hard work and contribution to that particular project. Whether you're a veteran or new to Minecraft@Home, these badges will serve as a lasting reminder of your involvement in our unique discoveries.

Note: Badges may not be implemented for each app immediately and do take at least 24 hrs to populate after you run an applicable task. Do not fret if you don't see it yet.

Current Apps Running on Minecraft@Home:

One of the exciting apps we're running is HDWGH SSG, short for "How Did We Get Here Set Seed Glitchless." This app is dedicated to filtering data to find the ideal seed for speedrunning Minecraft in the highly competitive category where players must obtain the rare advancement "How Did We Get Here." This advancement is considered one of the most complex to achieve in Minecraft, requiring a player to juggle multiple status effects simultaneously. With HDWGH SSG, we aim to uncover the perfect seed that will allow speedrunners to maximize their efficiency in completing this challenging category.

Another active project is Pano121, short for 1.21 Panorama. This app focuses on finding carver seeds, which represent a specific type of internal seed-state in Minecraft. These carver seeds are of particular interest because they match the iconic trial chamber scene shown in the background panorama of the 1.21 update. Minecraft players who love the art and atmosphere of the game's ever-changing panoramas will find this project especially intriguing, as we're searching for seeds that capture the exact features seen in one of Minecraft's latest visual showcases.

Join us now and help push the boundaries of Minecraft exploration! Don't miss your chance to contribute while the work is still available.

Keep mining for knowledge,
The Minecraft@Home Team

View article · Thu, 12 Sep 2024 23:21:02 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant