News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project News - GPUGrid

Started by Cruncher Pete, April 14, 2009, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BF

From the GPUGrid news feed:

GPUGRID fatured in the latest VPH project newsletter

Wednesday, 15 July 2009 10:00 AM

A 'technical report' on GPUGRID project is featured in the latest newsletter of the  Virtual Physiological Human Network of Excellence (VPH NoE). The VPH is a large collaborative project that coordinates the efforts of the best European research institutes which work on the simulation of various aspects of the human body. See http://tinyurl.com/vph-newsletter-pdf (we are on pages 13 and 20)

BF

Monday, 20 July 2009 10:00 AM

We have updated the 'computing preferences' page available under your user account in the website. Please, make sure they match your favourite computing setup.

BF

Updating driver for Windows users

Saturday, 25 July 2009 10:00 AM

All Windows users should update their Nvidia driver to version 190.xx. This driver allows computation also in SLI mode. From next week, we will update the application to CUDA2.2 which requires the new driver. The current application for Windows will still work under the new driver in the meanwhile.

BF

Updating driver for Windows users

Saturday, 25 July 2009 10:00 AM

The driver required will be at least 185.xx, that is required for CUDA2.2. If 190.xx works for you, you can also install it.

BF

Updating driver for LINUX users

Monday, 27 July 2009 10:00 AM

Linux users can now update to the latest version of Nvidia drivers. We have hacked the BOINC-driver bug. Version 185.xx will be required in the future to be compatible with CUDA2.2.

BF

Server software updated

Tuesday, 28 July 2009 10:00 AM

We have updated to the latest server software.

Furlozza

weird, cause TheGnat has 3 additional wus sitting there.... two more than usual.

veebee

Look out for a new team member ... "DATAMAN".....

He is armed with an awesome array of vid cards and is gonna tear up the ranks !

Welcome to Dataman ! :greet

dyeman

Quote from: Furlozza on July 29, 2009, 02:50:58 AM
weird, cause TheGnat has 3 additional wus sitting there.... two more than usual.

I have 4 WUs now instead of two.  Haven't updated drivers (still 185.85).  Unfortunately if this continues I will not get any of the time bonuses any more :thumbdown:

(clarification: that's 4 total - 1 active and three waiting so I guess that's exactly the same as you're seeing with TheGnat)

Folding Stats

Scott T

I kept getting calculation errors with 185.85 in GPUGrid (which was why I went to SETI at the time) - am now on 186.18 which have been working fine.

AA 15 - 30, 32 - 41, 43 - 45

i7-3820 @ Stock 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX660 Ti, Win 8 64bit

veebee

Yeah, I had the same prob with that driver Scott. I went BACK to 180.51 and everything still wporks great. Will have to move forward soon though.

What I AM worried about , if anyone knows the answer, is; will the WU's which are under way, error out if the driver is changed "part-way" through the "crunch"..?

Dataman

Quote from: veebee on July 30, 2009, 07:31:28 AM
Yeah, I had the same prob with that driver Scott. I went BACK to 180.51 and everything still wporks great. Will have to move forward soon though.

What I AM worried about , if anyone knows the answer, is; will the WU's which are under way, error out if the driver is changed "part-way" through the "crunch"..?

I have had them error out when falling back but not going forward as I remember. The good news is they usually fail immediately on restart. I usually drain the queue and report them before a BOINC app change or a driver change.

Furlozza

Apparently GPUGrid has changed the formula for wu allocation.

No of CPU + (GPU * 2) .......... in TheGnat's case meaning that he gets or rather carries 4 at all times. At least he would if I didn't micromanage sorta. I just abort the last two and set it to NNW and wait until the second one has finshed and is uploading.

A right proper pain, but blame it on guys with duos and three 295s *GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Dataman

:welcome1: Johno to our team at GPUGrid.  :congrats

BF

Windows application updated to CUDA2.2

Friday, 31 July 2009 10:00 AM

We have updated  the Windows application (version 6.67) to cuda2.2