News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Get your coolers out

Started by Vajras, February 01, 2009, 08:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vajras

:panic: "In Sydney, temperatures in the CBD will start in the high 20s on Monday (tomorrow) and climb to the mid-30s by next Sunday.

In the city's west, Monday will see highs of 35 degrees that will climb steadily to 42 degrees by Sunday."  :cry2:

ONYX

Man this sucks

I sit in a site office that cranks air con all day - but I need to get out on site for at least half the day .... and I dont get to wear tradesman clothes, I have to wear silly business type shirts all day ....

You sweat it out after 30 seconds, and then look like a ragged doll all day

Damn weather!

yoda

Yeah, expecting high 30s in Perth tomorrow.  I work in a supermarket (as the storeman).  Most of my work is out the back where there's no aircon...

But I start at 6am and finish at 11am so I'm not there in the heat of the day

Rob

Been quite cool here in recent weeks, late 20's mostly ;D, although humidity has been pretty high in the 70's to 80's mostly. Looks like we'll have more of the same in the coming week. But being an outdoors worker late 20's is plenty high enough for me. Late teens would be much better ;D

Wang Solutions

We have just had our 7th straight day above 40, with 5 of them above 42, and the last 2 both over 44. We are hoping for a nice cool change tomorrow - with a forecast top of only 38!!

Scott T

Not quite as bad as Wang here - only just finished out 6th straight day above 40 here, although the forecast doesn't dip below 40 until Wednesday :hbang:

Needless to say, BOINC has been on hold for the last few weeks since all but two days since the 19th have been 35 or above.

AA 15 - 30, 32 - 41, 43 - 45

i7-3820 @ Stock 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX660 Ti, Win 8 64bit

Furlozza

Hey... what is this.... other folks other than The Gnat worrying about temps?? >:D >:D

Only fair really, since The Gnat's concerns are now on the failure of projects top keep him up with WUs... Seti has run out..... WCG just won't coff 'em up, nor will Einstein. Thank heavens for CPDN, ABC and (to a very lesser degree) Rosetta. Even ABC is running outta work, well, changing their sights.... and now temp worries.

Just as well I bought an oscillating fan on Friday.... be able to direct some air to The Gnat as the temps rise..... if he has work. Then again, could always go back to playing HOMM V

Dingo

Yes it is warming up here this week for a short spell of warm weather.  it is only minus 15 at the moment and is forecast to go up to minus 3.  The rest of the week looks good at about minus 2 to minus 14.

The heat really gets me now when I come home to Aust.  I usually try and get there in April and May when it is not too hot but still swimming weather.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Mike Mitchell

You wouldn't have liked in Melbourne last week then. It was over 44 many days, at least on this side of town. It hit 46 here twice and when the "change" eventually came through, 35 felt very cool. Mind you, we'd had overnight lows of 30+ during the period.

I shudder to think how the wife would have coped with it!!  :shock
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Mahray

And strangely enough in Mount Isa it was the lowest average maximum temperature in January on record, a rather cool 30C.