News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

I cannot for the life of me get GPU tasks to download. I have about 7 stuck on "project backoff"
Project weight set to 100. GPU tasks ticked for AMD & NVIDIA. Any ideas?
Anyone currently doing any WCG gpu work?

Abruraspingi

The WCG forum is very slow but a lot of complaints about GPU WU. It looks to be ongoing issues due to moving to the new infrastructure.

In a few threads people are saying its taking days to download a graphics work unit and there are very few available.

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,44510

Admins state that they are working on it.

chooka03

Thank you Abruraspingi.

It makes me wonder how people are still pumping out millions per day in credits.

Abruraspingi

I had high hopes for WCG. They have published so many scientific papers and so many great projects. It's been over a year since they announced WCG was migrating to Kimble Research and they've been plagued with problems and delays since they started. The issues still haven't been fixed.

My positive thoughts were two months of down time and be back online with a new research project. Unfortunately migration never go smoothly and then has proved it.

I still have high hopes but it fades all the time

Mysteron347

I've got a number of (short) GPU tasks for both NVidia and Intel. CPU tasks - not in evidence.

The downloads seem to be a problem - always in "Project backoff", but retrying seems to clear the backlog eventually.

Personally, I'd prefer to do WCG proects, which seem to have a goal over endlessly calculating prime numbers that have no apparent practical application.

Dingo

We definitely punch above our weight on the WCG challenges.  We come in #1 spot more here than any other challenge in BOINC

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallengeHistory.do?teamId=2MH9NS9PP1&listType=3&sortBy=endDate&filterType=0&filterOpen=-1&filterDays=0&pageNum=125

Well done Team.  :gt 

EDIT:  I changed the link

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Mick Lindsay

To see the just concluded challenges, use Dingo's link and select "Past challenges" then select "last"

:bravo all

Dingo

WCG is back up and running and the web site is back.  They are issuing work as well.

EDIT:  It must be still overloaded as my work is not uploading or returning.  :shock

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Mick Lindsay

I have become very disillusioned with WCG since the move from the old host, finished work units sat on my system for 2 weeks. I have had a look on their forum and was surprised that Kembil (spelling) Research are not providing very much support to the Boinc side of things, money or personnel. Bottom line I have deleted all awaiting work units and the project off my systems the time being.

Dingo

WCG is down again.   :banghead

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

Well the Website is back up and running, but the BOINC part is down and will most likely be for the foreseeable future.

Pop over to the forums to get the full run down, but it all comes down to funding and the lack of support by UHN / Krembil.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

NudgeyNR

Is there any news on the state of this project ?
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 96GB ram RTX 4070ti Windows 11 Ent 64bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 64GB ram RTX 2080 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 32GB ram RTX 2070S Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel XEON E5-2697-V2 32GB ram GT 1030 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i7 4790 16GB ram GTX 750 Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i7 5930K 32GB ram RTX 2060 Super Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i7 4770K 28GB ram GTX 1060 6GB Windows 10 Ent 64bit
Intel i5 3470 12GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 3470 16GB ram Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 4460 16GB ram GT 710 Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i5 4200M 16GB ram Intel HD 4600 Kubuntu 22.10 64bit (NCI only)
Intel Atom C3538 6GB Kubuntu 20.04 (pi-hole) (VM Synology DS1819+ NAS 16Gb ram) 2cores
RPI4 8GB Kubuntu 22.10 64bit
RPI5 8GB Raspberry Pi OS 64bit
Crunching Projects - NumberFields, Asteroids, OLDK, Rakesearch, Universe, Einstein, Milkyway, iThena, WCG & Wuprop.

Abruraspingi

She's cooked.

https://twitter.com/WCGrid/status/1637930733871435776

Unfortunately I don't feel WCG will be running any time soon. The migration was announced Sept 21 and it still has teething issues now. I have hope for WCG but my expectations are low

Dingo

All my old work units uploaded today and were returned.

Radioactive@home graph