News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project News - FreeHAL@home

Started by BF, June 13, 2009, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BF

From the FreeHAL@home news feed:

New Server needed

Friday, 12 June 2009 10:00 AM

Although I've got some mirror offers the project still needs more resources, so I had to lower the work unit limit from 25 to 5 (!) until I can be sure that the server can handle a higher limit...

BF

CPU usage

Thursday, 9 July 2009 10:00 AM

Some older work units have a higher cpu usage, up to several minutes. Newer ones use the CPU much less than a minute. So if you think that there is something going wrong, you can even abort these old tasks; our scheduler is able to generate new WUs with the same input data automatically.

BF

Server down time

Friday, 10 July 2009 10:00 AM

It was unavoidable to shut down the server for some hours today, but now 11:33 am (CEST) everything is running as it should do.

BF

Limit of 25 WUs

Friday, 10 July 2009 10:00 AM

The current limit of 25 WUs at the same time seems to work quite well. Next week I will be on holiday, and we will see how well it will work during this period of time.  I won't have internet during that week, but if there are problems feel free to contact me (mobile phone), then I will try to get online.  If the limit works well, I plan to increase it to 35 and so on.

BF

Bugs

Friday, 24 July 2009 10:00 AM

I'm sending this message with a mobile phone so I can't write so much now. I noticed that there are several bugs which
appeared during my holidays (I'll be back at monday), but my internet connection here is so bad that I can't really fix anything.
So I ask you (project members) to create bug reports in our bug tracker about every new problem (but not 10 reports for each!), and you should mark it as a bug that appeared during my holidays (you can select that as a "type of bug").
Thank you, Tobias

Dingo

Looks like Feehal gave all participants 11000 credits just for being participants, in lieu of credits that would have been erned during a recent DDos attack ??

Look here for more details.  

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA