News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project News - Collatz Conjecture

Started by BF, July 29, 2009, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

From the Collatz Conjecture news feed:

Linux x64 CUDA App Now Available

September 29, 20:20 CST

A Linux 64bit CUDA version has been added and is available on the Power (Optimized) Applications page. I've included an app_info.xml file but the app info is untested. Please see the message board if you need assistance installing the Linux CUDA app.

ATI v2.04 Apps Released

September 29, 21:11 CST

New v2.04 ATI app for Windows are available on the optimized applications page. If running the 9.2+ drivers, use the *ati.zip versions. If using 8.12 or 9.1 drivers, please use the *amd.zip versions. The new apps are faster and do not require copying and renaming the DLLs. If running BOINC 6.10.10 or higher with 9.2+ drivers installed, the v2.04 app will download automatically. See the readme.txt in each download for information on how you can tune it for your system using the app_info file.

The new v2.04 ATI application runs very well and is 20-25% faster than the older application on my card. This makes it "not a bad little earner" for anyone with an ATI card.  ;D

Dingo

Congratulations!

You've been chosen as the Collatz Conjecture user of the day!
        Your profile will be featured on the Collatz Conjecture website for the next 24 hours.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

daveandton

WikiWill

Dataman

Dataman

2011-02-15: Collatz Conjecture - CPUs now limited to running Mini Collatz App
Now that the mini_collatz application is up and running, CPU applications have now been deprecated in the collatz application. CPUs will instead run the shorter the mini_collatz application.

To crunch with both CPUs and fast GPUs, edit your preferences as follows:
1. check "collatz",
2. uncheck "mini_collatz",
3. check "If no work for selected applications is available, accept work from other applications?"

You should get collatz workunits for your GPU and mini_collatz workunits for your CPU.