News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Work Available

Started by Mike Mitchell, August 25, 2009, 04:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

You're certainly crunching up a storm on SIMAP veebee, well done.   :thumbsup:
With your help added to other team members contributions the team has now overtaken The Final Front Ear to roar into 31st position.  ;D

The tasks that paid 29 credits were probably hmmer v5.09. Either the last of the batch released a few days ago or a few reissues. hmmer tasks grant about 29 credits, most simap tasks grant about 21, with a few granting 23 or higher.

Never understood why they grant more credit for one type of task compared to another, perhaps when they first calculated how much to grant for each type of task they used an older machine that does not have certain optimisations that are now found in current CPUs. This may cause the hmmer tasks to now complete faster compared to simap tasks than they did in the past. Well that's one possibility anyway.

teemac

They still have plenty of WU's left, so keep crunching.

This month is really good - work usually only lasts 3 or 4 days - here we are day 15 and still going strong.

:rocks

clownius

It must be time to get the kitchen sink out to start crunching lol

Edit: Had a bit of a scare tonight i almost ran dry of work

My internet connection change over to node went badly with the Exetel connection not going bye bye till a few minutes before 7pm..... was almost like Exetel knew Node provisioning stops at 7pm and wanted to leave me without internet.  Amazingly enough Node fixed it at 11pm tonight after telling me nothing could be done till morning.  Would have run dry withing 2 hours of when it came back up.  Only thing that cooled down was one core on my GPU.  But don't worry i promptly reheated it.

Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.3GHz, 64GBRAM, Asus GTX 780 ROG Poseidon

clownius

Isn't Simap supposed to have limited work lol.  It seems to be becoming a full time project.  Im either going to have to drop it soon or start considering it a normal project (with a resource share) instead of an aa throw everything at it for a short period project.  My ABC@home is suffering.

Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.3GHz, 64GBRAM, Asus GTX 780 ROG Poseidon

dyeman

Yeay - first time I've seen anything like this - was about 10 days last month, but this month looks like they may not finish at all

Folding Stats

kashi

Quote from: clownius on July 19, 2010, 11:41:39 PM
Isn't Simap supposed to have limited work lol.  It seems to be becoming a full time project.  Im either going to have to drop it soon or start considering it a normal project (with a resource share) instead of an aa throw everything at it for a short period project.  My ABC@home is suffering.

I was thinking the same thing. However there is usually so little SIMAP work and it is running without problem so I will leave it running for another week or so. May as well do a big load this time, the opportunity for ample SIMAP work may not come again for myself or the team. As well as much more work than usual another reason that SIMAP still has work is that there was a gap with no work after the first batch so some regular SIMAP contributors would have thought it was the end of work for the month and returned to other projects.

I understand though, after 3 weeks SIMAP is starting to feel a bit stale for me as I prefer to swap about a bit on CPU projects myself.

After SIMAP I will give some share to POEM to get it up to 100K. Now that my 5970 is churning through the WUs so nicely I have started collecting 100K "scalps" on CPU projects.  ;D

One day I would like to start on getting a few CPU projects up to 250K, possibly ABC and QMC, maybe even a little Climate, haven't done any of that for ages.

dyeman

Project status

The project has currently no work (see below).
Due to a series of problems with the recent hardware we decided that BOINCSIMAP should be moved to a new location onto new hardware. The project will therefore have no work until January 2011.

Folding Stats

Dingo

Server migration to Vienna: first step passed
The server has now been moved and preliminary configured in Vienna. It still uses the old project URL and the old website design. During the next weeks, we will test the technical performance and stability on the new hardware. During this time, smaller and larger chunks of workunits will be distributed. Although these are intended for testing, their results will be used and get credits as usual. If everything works fine, we will launch a renewed project website using a new project URL in December, and then start into production again.

best regards
Thomas 15 Nov 2010 19:04:10 UTC ยท Comment

There is work available today.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

WikiWill

Lots more work available today - at least a couple of weeks estimated.  :yahoo:

http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/

DougB

Their estimate has now gone up to 24 days....good if its accurate... :thumbsup:

AA10 to AA40; AA42 to AA46; AA49 to AA57

i7 5960x GTX 1050ti Win10
Ryzen 9 3900X GTX 1660ti Win10

Dingo

Good news as I always have Simap open and ready for work on my PC's  :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: Dingo on August 03, 2011, 12:37:56 PM
Good news as I always have Simap open and ready for work on my PC's  :cheer1:

Same here.  biggrin Will have until I get at least 100,000 credits. Then another project might need attention.  :wink
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Scott T

Quote from: DougB on August 02, 2011, 10:36:46 PM
Their estimate has now gone up to 24 days....good if its accurate... :thumbsup:

Awesome.  Was trying to decide what to crunch next as I was getting close to the next 'round' number with POEM (5k left now) - means I don't have to decide until nearly the end of the month  :jester:

AA 15 - 30, 32 - 41, 43 - 45

i7-3820 @ Stock 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX660 Ti, Win 8 64bit

WikiWill

You'll need to keep a little eye on it Scott - the estimate is down to 16 days now.  Dingo must be snaffling all the work  :rofl:
http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/ (top right corner)

Oh and congrats Mike on your 100k!  :congrats

Dingo

Quote from: Mike Mitchell on August 03, 2011, 09:37:58 PM

Same here.  biggrin Will have until I get at least 100,000 credits. Then another project might need attention.  :wink

Exactly what I am doing except trying to get to 1 million.

Radioactive@home graph