News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

New project: Discovering Dengue Drugs Together - Phase 2

Started by WikiWill, February 18, 2010, 08:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WikiWill

The new phase of WCG's DDDT has launched overnight - but the WCG site is currently unreliable...

I picked up one work unit.  It's not a big download, but on my Intel C2D E8400 3GHz running Windows 7 x64, it is using 650MB virtual memory (190MB physical) and looks like it will take about 35 hours.  The project states a minimum RAM requirement of 1GB but supports all the common BOINC platforms.

Race you to Gold?   :rofl:

News item: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewNewsArticle.do?articleId=121

EDIT: the above new item explains why there is currently no work available...  All Type A have gone out so it will be a wait for Type B WUs.

Dataman

I received 8 that look like they will take 40-50 hours to complete. They will send out another 5K A wu's "in a few days". I'm not sure when the compled A's will comeback as B's. Even though WCG calls it "production" it is still more like a beta project for now.

WikiWill

Good news - there are a bunch of new WUs being handed out now for DDDT2.  Get on it!   :crazy