News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

FreeHAL@Home looking good

Started by WikiWill, January 27, 2010, 02:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyeman

Version 1.30 of the application finally seems to have it working on XP 32 bit.  Free Lunch time again biggrin

Folding Stats

dyeman

I notice the app has a memory check in it - I have an old laptop on which it concludes there is not enough memory for 25 tasks and downloads only 18.

Folding Stats

Mike Mitchell

I had a hell of a time getting shod of those pre-1.30 work units. The things kept running until I figured out the exe's weren't being deleted and were hard to get rid of even after I did.  :thumbdown:

Reset, kill all freehal processes, reboot, reset again or detach and then watch the messages for any warnings about "Cannot delete XXXXXX".

Finally got rid of them from 3 machines.  :thumbsup:

Plus one for the heads up.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

WikiWill

The v1.30 work is crunching along nicely for me too now.   :thumbsup:  It's almost doubled my daily output; not as good as a GPU but cheaper  biggrin

We're doing great overall, with ranking now 19th by RAC and 61st by credit.  Thats up from 94th/RAC, 85th/credit as at two weeks ago.

Furlozza

Latest bunch of wus I downloaded for TheGnat seemed to have doubled in time taken, or thereabouts. Thought that TermiGnator was having chickens when I saw how long THEY were taking there.

kashi

No checkpointing remember. Possibly the tasks were interrupted by something and started again. When BOINC benchmarks every 5 days, it only takes a short time but it is long enough to cause FreeHAL tasks to start again from the beginning. See how your next batch goes.

BF

You're right kashi, BOINC benchmarked on my main box yesterday.  With FreeHAL tasks at around 90% completion..  :furious:

Furlozza

Correct again Kashi.... and with a PSU apparently also on its last legs.....  :compbash: :hbang: