News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

New Project -

Started by Dingo, April 03, 2010, 01:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Longer wus for Radeon 5k series
Server now send longer wus for Radeons 5xxx (24 packets x 32 units) 5 Apr 2010 22:09:30 UTC

Good timing there seeing as the Radeon 58xx and 5970 are currently producing results that are not accurate enough on MilkyWay. Wooshka, did a new 24 packet one. The standard long tasks for Radeon 5xxx series grant 2,982.25 credits each.

Edit: Now increased further to 48 packets x 16 units

Furlozza

The ones I am doing grant 4800+ crs.... on my 5870 for just 24-25 mins work.... albeit at slightly higher temp and fan speed than MW or Collatz. Is actually using the GPU 97% of the time, according to ATI's control panel.

kashi

Yes the ones paying above 4,000 are 48 packet WUs developed for ATI 5xxx models. They released the 24 packet ATI 5k ones first which was the first longer one I completed this morning as mentioned in my previous post, then 20 minutes later decided to double them again to 48 packets. There were still 24 packet WUs on the server though so it took a while to issue those and for me to work through my cache until I reached the 48 packet ones. I 'm doing my third one of these monsters now. The intention is for all the dnetc_GPU_ATI_5k_xxxx series WUs to be 48 packet size from now on.

Yes this is the hottest running of the ATI GPU projects for me too. I hope you have your GPU memory speed reduced for this project.

Furlozza

For the moment, it is running on factory speeds ...... mainly because have yet to figure out how to change it LMAO

kashi

Ah, lucky you've got the Vapor-X version then, if you tried DNETC on a reference cooler 5870 with default memory speed you would probably have one very hot card.
I use AMD GPU Clock Tool for all adjustments to overcome the overclocking limit in Catalyst Control Centre but perhaps just enabling Overdrive in CCC and moving the memory slider to the left would do it for you.

No pressure, you are of course free to do whatever works for you, it was meant only as a helpful suggestion not a command.  ;D
Even if you are comfortable with the temperature and  noise level, you can save a bit of power by reducing the memory speed. Lower power bill = more beer or travel!

I noticed that some of the new ATI 5K WUs are now completing all 48 packets and sometimes even 49 packets. The credit for some of these is nearly 6,000 each.

kashi

News

New ATI app version

New app should finally fix the problem with 'infinite workunits'. Wrapper check wu every 20 minutes if detect 'infinite wu', It'll abort this task. Also fixed problem with "Your NVIDIA GPU has insufficient memory (need 384MB)", now every card with 128 MB RAM and more will work.

EDIT: App 1.15 have bug on some types of card. You can abort all 1.15 wus and download 1.16. 15 Apr 2010 7:44:21 UTC