News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

FreeHal Hacked? 1 March 2010

Started by LawryB, March 01, 2010, 08:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawryB

Interesting/disturbing post on FreeHal forum page by m4rtyn regarding possible "confiscation of credits".

BF

Yeah, I had a large amount of pending, all disappeared in one foul swoop after the site went down, without adding to my total there..

Dataman

Nice catch LawryB! +1
I have 60+ pending ... don't know if I lost any. ???

EDIT: I set mine to nonew tasks.  :angry:

kashi

I've got about 50 tasks in pending currently. Sometime in the last few days I had some pending that disappeared quickly but I don't think my score increased. Server has been erratic for a while now and often has little or no work. I will set No New Tasks this afternoon if there is no improvement.

Vajras

My pending all disappeared - additionally, there is a bug in their forum registration -resetting it to receive a new p'word results in being able to reset but then saying there is no user by that name- this goes on in an endless loop etc. - therefore, can't report probs on the forum  :boom:

Given both the above, methinks this project can not now be trusted  :cry2: Disappointing really as i like this project - got potential it has

Dataman

OK Mates, apparently FreeHAL WAS NOT HACKED but Tobias has been working on servers and software. The strange message was suposed to be a joke  :furious: but somehow I did not find it funny. I have turned FreeHAL back on.

:boom:

EDIT: I turned them back on and they promptly ran out of work.  Bashhead   :hbang:   Bashhead

LawryB

Very funny Tobias, NOT. Would be nice to see some notification of works in progress.  :sg1:

BF

Quote from: Dataman on March 01, 2010, 10:21:01 AM
EDIT: I set mine to nonew tasks.  :angry:

... and would SOMEONE please tell dyeman to do the same!!  :rofl:

He's catching me up too fast..

dyeman

Not catching up at all - the old Athlon 64 is down and one of the 2 quads has decided to stop processing CPU WUs and I'm away from home until Sunday so can't do anything about it GRRR!  

(.. and now it looks like the FreeHAL VM running on the Quad has given up the ghost also.  Double GRRR!!)

Well, miracle of miracles, with no intervention FreeHAL, POEM and FreeHAL VM have started working again after 4 days of either nothing or error WUs.  Also GPUGRID on the other quad which had similarly gone hiding.  I guess some WUs got stuck and eventually timed out letting everything unclog.

Folding Stats

BF

Quote from: dyeman on March 03, 2010, 09:13:48 AM
Not catching up at all - the old Athlon 64 is down and one of the 2 quads has decided to stop processing CPU WUs and I'm away from home until Sunday so can't do anything about it GRRR!  

(.. and now it looks like the FreeHAL VM running on the Quad has given up the ghost also.  Double GRRR!!)

:panic:
Despite all that your daily output was STILL higher than mine!
:panic:

dyeman

Touch wood, FreeHAL seems to have well and truly settled down and able to keep up the demand for work

Folding Stats

daveandton

:shock Don't you dare put the moz on it
Dave