News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysteron347

Had a poke around a couple of days ago, prompted by the 6th birthday email. Didn't expect to have had much repaid yet but there was s a small amount kicking around in the Paypal account from survey sites. Waited for the dollar to get above parity with the American peso and then topped up the kitty.

Hardly finished the conversion and re-allotted funds when an email arrived - I suppose it's a monthly occurrence, tied to the 15th-of-the-month + weekend cycle that seems de force.

I was very surprised to find that my very first loan, made on September 4th, allotted in late July (yeah - backfilling - you're picking up a loan that's actually already been allotted if I read the system correctly) which was supposed to have run for 14 months had already been repaid in full. Very puzzling - not sure whether it was only actually needed for 3 months or whether there was some other problem. Anyhow - hope I was of help, Mr Sam.

So - what's the go with Handles? Just change first name? Not sure I'm quite prepared to be "Mysteron347 Jones..."

I've turned Auto mode on - just in case of an unexpected early-repayment. Don't want the funds to lay there unallotted.

kashi

Welcome to the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Kiva team Mysteron347.

I had that with a loan from Cambodia also, it was a $1,200 loan and was repaid in full one month after listing. I thought something was incorrect so I emailed Kiva about it and they replied that everything was fine. It seems to happen more often with loans to Cambodia, don't know why.

I've turned Auto mode on too, with a 3 month delay, if I don't reinvest by then I have either lost my marbles or left this body.;D

Dataman

QuoteAmerican peso

:rofl:
True.  biggrin

kashi

Few days late this month, forgot all about it as I had a guest from overseas.

Have now made 50 loans.:dance:

Team is going great with oodles of new loans, well done everyone.   :congrats    :congrats

Mysteron347

I like this game.

Dingo

I had another look today but I must have picked people that pay back very slow as I still do not have enough for another loan.  Bashhead

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Kiva Day. I made two more. Our team has now lent over $7,000 ... way to go team!

:oz:

kashi

Thanks for the reminder.:thumbsup: Made 2 loans. Arrgh, Facebook popup attack, the horror, the horror.;D

Haha, great hats again Dataman.:coolgleam:

Dataman

Women in hats always pay their loans on time.  biggrin

There is even a team for Women in Hats.
http://www.kiva.org/team/women_in_hats

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kashi

Good payers indeed. A whole team for Women in Hats, yeeha, looks like those hats are popular with many lenders. :jester:

Autopick chose my first loan and I realised I had been neglecting Africa somewhat, so chose another from an African country. Loans to Africa occasionally repay a bit late and may have higher risk but I have decided to spread my yellow areas around a bit more on the map.;D

Dingo

I had just enough to make another load so $25 was paid to Tuavao Tagi, Letogo, Samoa Agriculture | Farming.  Now to wait another 6 months to get enough back to re loan out again.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Sean

I'm only on $19.48, one of my loans has been delinquent for the last four repayments. Will have to wait and see...  :-\

veebee

As I have suggested a cpl times before (maybe I HAVEN'Y here, though I feel certan I would have - DEFINITELY sprouted about it on Facebook).. there are a number of those "Survey" mobs, that are not as pesky as most, in fact, there are a cpl of good ones which pay reasonably well... I have funded at least 4 of my loans through the monies paid to my paypal account by these survey companies.

Anyone interested, PM me and I will send a link to the 2 or 3 "good" companies. I am not sure If i get a kick back from friends joining up, but if I do, it will go straight to Kiva.

Cheers,

veebee

kashi

3 for me this month.
I chose growing corn and rice in Ecuador, selling bananas in Rwanda and autopick chose a fellow with one of the biggest tie knots I've ever seen raising sheep in Palestine. ;D

veebee

Quote from: kashi on January 16, 2012, 02:21:57 AM
... and autopick chose a fellow with one of the biggest tie knots I've ever seen raising sheep in Palestine. ;D

A quadruple Windsor perhaps ??  :wink

EDIT: spelling..... windsoR