News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

:mee-too Thanks for reminding me Mysteron I had just enough come back for one more loan and that hat was screaming for one.
LOL they really get some corkers don't they?
All hat jokes aside there's something about that part of the world I find fascinating,  not sure why? Add Pro Mujer to the mix and it's a no brainer for a loan  :thumbsup:  Sure hope it gets fully funded.

:oz:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

kashi

Yep, I'm in. Added some funds. Been a while since I supported a great hat. Plus I remembered that "Blessed are the cheesemakers". :jester:

Mysteron347

Fully funded with time to spare.

Good work, guys!  :bravo

Mysteron347

After some money again...

https://www.kiva.org/lend/1381273 - Pro Mujer, TENTH cycle, no hats and only 18% raised with 24 hrs to go... :faint:

It's the absence of hats, isn't it?

kashi

I don't mind no hats, I'm in.  :wavey2:

Thanks, was a good reminder as I had enough for 3 loans this month and had forgotten to check balance on the 18th.  :thumbsup:

JugNut

Yep I put in what little I had as well,  but it's still a long way from being fully funded.  :fingers

My personal stat's

Mysteron347

Sadly, failed by a measly $950.

I thought it might have a chance when someone put in $4K with about 10 minutes to go.

Ah, well - just have to find some other loans, then.

Thanks for the support.

kashi

Just got a phishing email pretending to be from Kiva turn up in my spam folder. Here's what it said:

Loans that change lives

Dear Kiva member.

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your Kiva account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.
Your right to appeal:
We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. However, we appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. If you wish, you can appeal our decision. Just update your account know. You can do so by clicking here.

Food for thought...
"Knowing that someone out there wishes the best for you is enough to give you drive to achieve your dream." - Sammy, a Kiva borrower in Kenya         Visit your portfolio
Contact us
Adjust your email preferences    

Kiva is a U.S. 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located at
875 Howard St. Suite #340, San Francisco, CA 94103
© 2005 - 2017 Kiva. All rights reserved.    Follow Us

You hopefully all know not to click on phishing emails like this, but just thought I'd mention it because I've never seen a Kiva phishing attempt before. Looked reasonably fair dinkum until I got to the misspelling of now as know. Apparently if you clicked the link you would end up on the original of this page posted to PhishTank: https://www.phishtank.com/phish_detail.php?phish_id=5371058

Dataman

As usual I had forgotten about this for months. Logged in and found all my loans had been paid back. Loaned it all out again to Brazil. I did notice there were much fewer loans available and even fewer with short payback times. No funny hats this time.  :rofl:

https://www.kiva.org/lend/1594173

:rocks

JugNut

Yea same here DM.  I usually get a reminder when I find my email mailbox full to overflowing. Then during the proceeding junkmail purge I inevitably find an email or two from kiva.  After doing my best homer impression I then check the loan situation.

PS: If your looking for short term loans you can use this site.. http://www.kivalens.org. I mentioned this some time ago but i'm not sure if anyone ever seen it.

There you can then do custom kiva search's by the length of loan pay back time or add  other custom search parameters like the type of sector or activity you'd like to loan too plus many others, then with just a few clicks  get the loan that's right for you.  After you finish making your selection your then transferred back to kiva for check out. It works great. 

I'm not sure but I think it's run by kiva too?  Either way it's all done with kiva's permission.  If you click the sites "about" link it's has all the their info and features. 

That said it still doesn't help me remember any better but hey you can't have everything right? LOL

My personal stat's

Dingo

Yes it has been a while for me as well.  I had all loans paid back except for one that defaulted.  I loaned out my limit again and will probably forget untill someone puts a post here in the future.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Yes, me too, err three, four. Just about everything's been slip slidin' away here for the last month. 2 loans from me, better late than never.

My mum fell over and broke her hip and arm and has been in hospital for the last 4 weeks. So no time or mental vigour left to configure Wow! Event  or FormulaBOINC Sprints. Just left everything connected to DHEP the whole time, seeing as we are currently Numero Uno in that project. Missed 4-5 days work when the DHEP server went AWOL a few times and have now switched to half NFS and half Rakesearch now it has been down completely for a few days.

Great work team on WOW! and excellent effort on the MilkyWay Sprint.
Very well done. On the podium in 3rd, who'd have thunk it? Brilliant! v:

Hope to be back on board for the next Sprint, event or any project anyone nominates that would benefit from some extra help.

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on September 03, 2018, 05:41:49 PM
Yes, me too, err three, four. Just about everything's been slip slidin' away here for the last month. 2 loans from me, better late than never.

My mum fell over and broke her hip and arm and has been in hospital for the last 4 weeks. So no time or mental vigour left to configure Wow! Event  or FormulaBOINC Sprints. Just left everything connected to DHEP the whole time, seeing as we are currently Numero Uno in that project. Missed 4-5 days work when the DHEP server went AWOL a few times and have now switched to half NFS and half Rakesearch now it has been down completely for a few days.

Great work team on WOW! and excellent effort on the MilkyWay Sprint.
Very well done. On the podium in 3rd, who'd have thunk it? Brilliant! v:

Hope to be back on board for the next Sprint, event or any project anyone nominates that would benefit from some extra help.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Mom, kashi.

Dingo

Quote from: kashi on September 03, 2018, 05:41:49 PM

Hope you Mum recovers as a broken hip is not a fun thing to have.  Please send my best wishes.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Thanks for the best wishes.

She had extra trouble because of the large daily dose of oxycodone pills and the buprenorphine patch she was already on. Emergency doctor was surprised at her high tolerance and said he ended up giving her her 3 times the morphine dose that he or I could withstand. So although 91 and frail, her appetite for Endone remains hearty.

The nurses put her in a chair a week ago and asked her what she wanted to do. Her reply of "Go fishing" had them laughing. Should be going to a different rehabilitation hospital soon.

Think I could do with some opium myself lately, my short term memory is shot. Go to the frig and forget what I wanted after I open the door. My brother's the same though, so it's not just me.

On a positive note all the walking I've been doing around the hospital and Gosford every day has resulted in another 2kg drop in weight. So that's 18kg down since last year. Another 20kg and I'll be as svelte as Daenerys Targaryen. :)