News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

14,000 cr/ hr !!!

Started by veebee, August 19, 2010, 03:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

WOW - did everyone else out there grab a few handfuls of those WU's that were completing in ridiculously quick time ?

my i7's were doing them in about 25 seconds... and getting the standard 102 credits per WU..  that works out at 14688 per core per hour !!!!   :shock

only got an hours worth (total) on one of the machines... didn't check the other as they are all done now (the WU's that is) - none left at Docking.  :cry2:

would be nice if THAt happened during the AA... 14K per hour per core... these i7's would be earning around 2.7 million a DAY !!!

kashi

Ah very good, thought my total had increased a bit faster than usual. Had a look, I got about 85 of them so far. People running a small cache would have got oodles, ah well good luck to them. Hard to get any now though except the occasional trickle, everyone is after them.   :dance:

Not getting too excited, don't want to be a party pooper but I have seen this kind of thing happen before and the projects adjust the credit not always in a fair way.

Rob

Bugger!! Looks like i missed out :cry2:. I run a 3 day cache, so it seems my timing was out, unless of course I still have some waiting in the queue ;D. I guess I'll find out in the next couple of days.

DougB

Since this problem appeared I haven't received any WUs...anybody getting any WUs?

AA10 to AA40; AA42 to AA46; AA49 to AA57

i7 5960x GTX 1050ti Win10
Ryzen 9 3900X GTX 1660ti Win10

WikiWill

Quote from: DougB on August 20, 2010, 04:04:52 PM
Since this problem appeared I haven't received any WUs...anybody getting any WUs?

Same problem here.  No server errors reported, just no work.  No official comment on their forum either.

kashi

I'm not getting many but at 102 credits for 30 seconds work the few I'm getting still add up. What's up with the docking admins being missing, the project seems to be running on auto pilot?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful even though my total got a gigantic boost, but the way it happened was most unfair with many regular contributors missing out completely.

And now we have so many members switched early to Docking before the AA was even due to start and everyone is without work. Murphy's Law I suppose, but I hope they can fix it soon.

veebee

My two main rigs haven't had work for a day or so, but strangely the q6600 still has a stack of WU's - but "sadly" they are running at normal speed.

Rob

I seem to have had an uninterupted supply of work. Just no quick ones.
The shortage of work seems to be a side effect of the short wu's. Just not enough work to go around.
They have also been having server problems today. The website is veeerrryy sssllloooww.
QuoteAugust 20, 2010 3:25 EST

We have currently some maintenance work in the server room at UD and this may impact our D@H server. Thank you for your patience.

DougB

OK...got some WUs overnight and they seem to be normal in regards to running time. Hopefully this now fixed and I can reset some machines to Docking only with some reliability. I will be able to monitor this whilst home on the weekend.

Docking admin reports they believe the problem is solved.

AA10 to AA40; AA42 to AA46; AA49 to AA57

i7 5960x GTX 1050ti Win10
Ryzen 9 3900X GTX 1660ti Win10