News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

MW work fetch policy

Started by BF, March 17, 2009, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocoll

I think it's our fault. Not enough WUs for the demand.
When the store of WUs on the server is low it sends a message to restrict WU numbers and frequently sends none which progressively increases the time between updates.
Ultimately you end up with the maximum cycle of just over 3 hours without new units.

Did anyone tell Travis we were doing an AA?

Furlozza

There are, of course, two ways to look at the fun and games.
1) Everyone is in the same boat
2) Some folks will drop out, thereby freeing up some additional units..... in all likelihood for cpu units, not GPU
3) There's always WCG biggrin

yoda

Quote from: Rocoll on March 18, 2009, 07:09:06 PMDid anyone tell Travis we were doing an AA?

Not me.  But then, in the overall scheme of things, the impact we are having is relatively small anyway.  If you sort by the credit for the week (at BOINCStats), the top 10 teams earned 85.8 million credits between them.  Only 3.8 million of that (less than 5%) was done by our team.

clownius

Im guessing MW is taking an ATI hammering lol.  Thats what happens when u have the only project that can use a type of GPU

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: clownius on March 18, 2009, 08:17:09 AM
What are people using as their connect to and work buffer policies?  I just changed mine from connect every .25 days and a buffer of .25 days to connect every 0 days and a buffer of .2 days to see if it helps.

I rest mine to 0.0 and 0.25 and that didn't make much difference, if any. I've added a few backup projects which seems to have helped. MW runs dry for a while, then downloads a large batch. So it suits me. The backup projects I used were my lowest ranked ones. MW will make up for the lower credit.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti