News:

Main Menu

Project Overview

Started by Dingo, January 24, 2011, 12:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Project Summary:  

Evo@home is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in Machine Learning. This project uses Evolutionary Algorithms to optimize the parameters of different kind of machine learning algorithms.
Currently the project is used to tune the parameters of a learner used for the prediction of the three-dimensional structure of a protein from its sequence of amino acid residues. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

Evo@home is based at Montefiore. This is the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Liège (Belgium).
More information about our research will be available soon.

Applications:

Microsoft Windows (98 or later) running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU    
Linux running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU    
Linux running on an AMD x86_64 or Intel EM64T CPU    
Mac OS X 10.3 or later running on Motorola PowerPC    
Mac OS 10.4 or later running on Intel    
Intel 64-bit Mac OS 10.5 or later

Connecting URL:

http://boinc.run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/evo/

Statistics:

Not attached to Stats as yet.

Note:  (1). There is a problem with their password email system but I am the only current member so it should not affect members.

(2).  The data file that is downloaded is about 22 MB.  Not sure if that is a multi work unit file or one per work unit ?

(3.)  Although there is not a 64 bit Windows version the 32 bit app is running on my 64 bit PC.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA