News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Not working

Started by Dingo, September 17, 2011, 12:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

If you are considering this non BOINC project you can register but wait till they say that is working before trying to get it to work. The application is flaky and the desktop, which shows that the application is working and shows your credits is not being updated.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

owner

Too late Dingo.

I signed up this afternoon to give it a try with the laptop.

Something seems to be running in the background, but there is nothing to show what it is. 

will leave it running for the next few days to see what happens

LawryB

veebee

Any idea on how to see when/ how many credits etc you have earned ?

I have hooked up one core of one of my i7's at this stage... if it works OK will think about doing the same on the other one and the Q6600.

Dingo

If you look at their news it says they are working on it.  You can send them a message in the news post but they know it is a problem and are trying to fix it.  I keep telling them BOINC is much better with many more user friendly features.  I have two PC's running their browser application but nothing processing at the moment.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Mike Mitchell

I suspect they would get heaps more volunteers but I also suspect they are, um, how can I put this, concerned about their reputation if they use Boinc. Academics can be such twats!
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dingo

They have the credits and computers and the big green tick fixed on their page now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Yay I have 4 credits. :crazy

The team is currently ranked 78th.

I don't think they are interested in BOINC, they want to tap into "social networking" according to WA astronomers to crowdsource data processing

Haha, Java and Facebook, it's enough to make me spew, but seeing as it's Australian I'll give it a go again tomorrow after I finish off these Leishmaniasis tasks. :thumbsup:

owner

Well i've got credits but i'm not seeing the big green tick or the computers info.

Maybe thats because i'm running the background application ( i think).

will check the webbsite later on today to see if there is any change.

kashi

Big Trophies!:

The Noob

The Armstrong

Elemental

Mike Mitchell

Does this "new" platform of theirs run other projects?  ???
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

kashi

You could connect to Oxford's Nereus Cloud if you wished to contribute to their research. Don't think you get any credits though, so I suppose it would be ideal for those who say they are totally unconcerned about credit. Nereus-V The Open-Source Internet Cloud - Join page

Mike Mitchell

I was just musing about shifting from boinc to another system but I'd want some small reward and incentive and the points satisfy that.

Dingo

I now have nine trophies and yes they are big a odd numbers.  This is my last one,
  --   The first star date used by Captain James T Kirk in the 2nd pilot episode of Star Trek "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

Radioactive@home graph

veebee

I hav skynet set up on two machines, but for some reason, over night, they seem to be shutting skynet down by themselves .. or something.

Noticed it earlier this morning (said that 1 machine was running), so I went to the other PC and found that the small "running" window wasn't open so went to "Dashboard" and started it.... THAT machine went from saying NONE were working, to ONE was working (ie: the original machine was not running ??)

So came back to this one, restarted it again.

Had my usual nana Nap and have come out to find it saying NONE are running again !

(Any ideas? - sorry for the abridged typing, got to do the school run).

cheers VB