News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

@Kevin: Wrote
NEWS

100,000,000 Credits issued
Thank you everyone - overnight we passed 100,000,000 credits issued according to http://boincstats.com/en/stats/projectStatsInfo

So far you've crunched:

1,400 galaxies
    6,800,000 pixels
    405,000 areas

David and I really appreciate your participation 27 Nov 2012 | 5:12:59 UTC ยท Comment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS Plenty of work now... Come & get em'..

kashi

Yo POGS, filled ma cache, cookin' with gas now.v:

Mike Mitchell

Yep, mines filled up too.  :yahoo:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Screaming Eagle

as of right now

4167 tasks ready to send.

Dataman

When I got up there were only 1K wu left. :thumbdown: On a high note, we passed "that other team" in RAC.  :thumbsup:
:oz:

LawryB

Plenty there at 6:30 AM Eastern.   The project also passed the 100 million credits milestone.
IMHO the best project development I've seen.  Inclusive, Informative and Interesting - good stuff.
Folks, If you have similar thoughts maybe you would like to let the Admins know.  A little :congrats :congrats goes a long way. 

Cheers

Julian

I'll go along with that Lawry :thumbsup: A pleasure to be with.
I seem to have been gaining (slowly) in the last few weeks in every ranking except the "team position" ranking - must be a good team...

JugNut

Quote from: LawryB on November 28, 2012, 06:48:30 AM
IMHO the best project development I've seen.  Inclusive, Informative and Interesting - good stuff.
Folks, If you have similar thoughts maybe you would like to let the Admins know.  A little :congrats :congrats goes a long way. 

That's for sure Lawry & WTD.  :thumbsup:

POGS is great on many levels & these are just a few of them...     

The first Aussie boinc project,
    + has great scientific value & is quite interesting to boot, (the parts I can understand anyway)
    + has a responsible admin who cares about & actively courts members opinions & is quick to fix any problems,(also seems a nice bloke)
    + there team is also working on development of a GPU app to further speed up processing, (can't wait)
    + has a more than fair credit system,
    + has work units that are close to perfect size for crunching.

Something for everybody...  :cheer1:

Mike Mitchell

All we need now is for him to join our team.  :wink
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

LawryB

JugNut

Some high powered new members at POGS?   Maybe someone giving us a hand?

Dataman

:angry: I do not like this.
http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=183
It appeas we are out-crunching their ability to create work. I really want a GPU app there but they don't even have the ability to keep up with the CPU's. I really don't like "do-overs".  :angry:
What do other members think?

LawryB

Concur Dataman.  Will wait for "originals"  rather than crunch just for the sake of a challenge.

JugNut

Mmm no not fond of do-over's either,  but even less fond of losing our "overall lead" in the rankings that took a heck of a lot of effort to get that we may never get again.  Even with a huge amount of help from a dozen plus transfer members from other teams where only just hanging on & starting to pull away. ???

At least there's proper work till Tuesday..  :wink

Screaming Eagle

Quote from: Dataman on January 26, 2013, 04:39:31 AM
:angry: I do not like this.
http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=183
It appeas we are out-crunching their ability to create work. I really want a GPU app there but they don't even have the ability to keep up with the CPU's. I really don't like "do-overs".  :angry:
What do other members think?

I agree. There's no point of re-doing old data. Doesn't that kinda go against the whole idea of BOINC?