News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcarrion87

LawryB

dcarrion87

Just in case anyone is interested in something I've been working on for theSkyNet as part of my volunteer work: http://theskynet.org/pages/pogs_stellarium?locale=en

LawryB

Hey Daniel, just what this amateur star gazer was wanting.  Now I should be able to point my telescope at the right spot in the sky.  Well done.

kashi

Hey that's great Daniel. :thumbsup:

I assume the areas I've processed are the stripes on the image. That Stellarium program itself is fun to play with too. ;D

For those like me who can't work out things easily and don't read the instructions first you may get stuck in full screen mode which is the default and can't find an easily identifiable icon to close Stellarium or make the window smaller. Don't panic, you can close Stellarium with the keyboard shortcut CTRL-Q or you can toggle full screen mode with F11 key.

There are icons for these too in the popup tool bar but I didn't find them amongst the others at first. The close button is the one on the furthest right which looks like an on/off button on a TV remote control. It is not a red X as shown in the Stellarium Interface Guide. Toggle full screen icon can be found on the tool bar too.

Haha, when you zoom out of ocular view, it's just like "Warp Factor 9, Mr Sulu" only in reverse. :jester:

Dingo

Great work Daniel, I will load them today and have a look.   :congrats  :worship :congrats

Edit: downloaded and installed.  I have done a lot of Galaxies as my page is almost all covered.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

dcarrion87

@Dingo: Haha yes it can be a little overwhelming when a lot of galaxies have been processed. At the moment there's a filter option under plugin configuration so you can match galaxies with certain names. Not sure what other filtering we should have.

@LawryB: Great to hear!

@Kashi: Yep those stripes are the areas you've processed.

JugNut

Everyone getting there share of skynet badges?

Who got the Arrrrrrrrrr badge?  :rofl:   Crazy stuff,  but all in good fun.  biggrin

Agnew

Daniel, you can add me to the "thank you" list, the program links & explanations are great!. :)

Dingo

The L'Alliance Francophone are still crunching up a storm on POGS and they have members still joining their push.   We started off being over 100 million in front of them but have slipped to about 48 million in front.  I believe that they are going till they get the # 1 position in the world from us.  We can hold on for a while but I think our # 1 position is very precarious.  Thier average credit is about three times ours at the moment and I am going to turn all my computers back on to POGS.    http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/top_teams.php

Crunch on and remember  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Mick Lindsay

OK Dingo  :panic: the AA continues all machines back on.
MickL 

Dataman

Dingo

Must be very interesting to Astronomers and other professional people, but I fell asleep after about 5 minutes  biggrin   

I am still plugging along on POGS and the  L'Alliance Francophone are just over 40 Million but still out crunching us each day and catching up. :shock

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

I think that we are going down soon to #2 in the world and will not be #1 in any project.  Boincstats calculates that we will be overtaken in 26 days  :furious: so I am moving on to other projects that I would like to crunch but will leave some resources crunching along on POGS.

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

@ Dingo:   That's NOT good news about the possibility of  loosing our #1 spot at POGS.
I'm still proud of what the team accomplished to get to the #1 spot in the first place,  plus we still havn't lost it yet, so who knows?

Crunch-on  :crazy