News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Ubuntu nVidia Drivers

Started by Dataman, November 03, 2018, 05:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

I upgraded Ubuntu on one of the machines to 18.04. The upgrade installed fine with no errors but when I rebooted BOINC says my single GTX1080 TI does not support OpenCL. I checked and Ubuntu shows I have the most current driver. Thinking it may be corrupted I reloaded a fresh copy. Same result. BOINC is current. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it? Thanks.

:wave:

Dingo

I think that you need the toolkit to have OpenCL.

I am not sure if you used apt to install the drivers so have a look at this post  https://askubuntu.com/questions/1030886/how-do-i-install-the-nvidia-cuda-toolkit-on-18-04-with-coffee-lake-is-it-suppo

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on November 03, 2018, 02:04:19 PM
I think that you need the toolkit to have OpenCL.

I am not sure if you used apt to install the drivers so have a look at this post  https://askubuntu.com/questions/1030886/how-do-i-install-the-nvidia-cuda-toolkit-on-18-04-with-coffee-lake-is-it-suppo
Thanks! I will check it out.

Dataman

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.  :worship :worship :worship
That worked like a charm. I am still such a noob with Linux. Perhaps I should take a class.  :wink

Dingo

I completely stuffed up my web server today on Debian so I still have a lot to learn.  Google is your best froend I have found with Linux.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA