News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

BOINCStats - Error Correction

Started by Dataman, September 02, 2019, 02:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

For those of us that use BOINCStats, you may see some huge fluctuations in credit as Willy attempts to correct GoofyxGrid - NCI's huge screw up in credits. Some users were credited with up to 150 Billion credits/day over two days. Willy is apparently removing this project from BOINCStats until the project corrects their latest screw up. The project manager at GxG is inept and usually makes things worse each time he does something.

For example, I lost over 2 million credits today but gained back one world position. I applaud Willy's efforts!

So  :panic: as things will sort themselves eventually. Personally I hope this project gets blacklisted from the stats services but that action would be a slippery slope for BOINC.

I do not know what Free-DC is doing about this as I am not a member there.

:bloodshot

EDIT: I think Willy is rolling back the GXG stats to before their screw up and not eliminating the credits before that.  :thumbsup:

GxG's Error Correction Tool

JugNut

Yea I just noticed I received 37.5 billion credit for one days work.  :faint:

LOL You gotta admit that's not a bad credit for an NCI project.  :rofl:

OMG i'm also now # 9 in the world too. I better take a screenshot of that one.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on September 02, 2019, 03:40:57 AM
Yea I just noticed I received 37.5 billion credit for one days work. :faint:

LOL You gotta admit that's not a bad credit for an NCI project. :rofl:

OMG i'm also now # 9 in the world too. I better take a screenshot of that one.
Even beats the hell out of Bitcoin Utopia.  :rofl:
Look again and you will see you have a negative 38.4 billion for today. Easy come, easy go.  :rofl:
Dingo lost 1.4 billion.

JugNut

It sure gave me a buzz.   :thumbsup:

LOL But now it's back to my old friend reality..  :thumbdown:

My personal stat's

Dataman

It gave me a shock as I turned Collatz back on and was expecting ~3 million + today NOT -2 million.

Been having trouble with the RTX2080 Ti getting a lot of invalids at MW & Einstein so I put it back on Collatz ... it loves it there!

JugNut

Yea I find 1 - 2% invalids are the norm at Einstein these days. Not much i've been able to do about it.  The only thing that seems to help a bit is running one work unit at a time.  Although that does seem to help it also slows down your overall output too. So usually you gain nothing by doing it.

My personal stat's

Dataman

Looks like the lunacy continues. I got 108k credits there today. Rather good since I am not crunching there.  :rofl:

Sean

Well, looks like I missed my only chance to make it into the top 10 worldwide.  :jester:

edit:
Quote from: Dataman on September 03, 2019, 12:40:08 AM
Looks like the lunacy continues. I got 108k credits there today. Rather good since I am not crunching there.  :rofl:

Oh, maybe there's hope for me yet...

Dataman

He is at it again! Today I got a half million credits and I am still not crunching there. Now I see he wants contributions to continue his research. What research? Someone should put him out of OUR misery.  :wink

JugNut

I must admit I haven't thought of this project as purely science for some time, after a while I just did it for fun and then to learn about running multiple instances of boinc but now even the fun factor does not work as an excuse any longer.
Goofy seems to be unable to figure out the credit system,  although he's certainly not alone there LOL.   But his latest fix was to award everyone 44 points for every WU done.  The problem is for many years he awarded credits at different rates ranging from 12 - 44 points per WU.  But now all credit past & present has been awarded 44 points each hence the reason for the extra credit and why users that have crunched there from the beginning received the biggest increases.  I might have said fair enough except for the fact that we've all seen credit SNAFU's in the past from other projects but even when a project lost all record of credits during for example a project disaster they were then able to fix credits by getting current credit from either boincstats or freeDC.  Why he can't do that this time around is a mystery?

Since I have nothing new to add that hasn't been said already I just don't bother posting on their forums anymore. The guy is well known for having major stress and other related problems and I have no wish to add to his woes and besides there are plenty of people posting and venting their displeasure so me doing the same wouldn't achieve anything.  Does he deserve it? Well yea he kinda does but it's also clear that he's in over his head and needs help,  as such I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

That said it might be time for me to quit this project before something else goes majorly awry.  Besides i've done more than my fair share of work there plus if things ever majorly improve I can always return at some later date.

Crunch-on  :crazy

My personal stat's

Dingo

I lost -1,268,297,966 yesterday and did not get a credit but over the month I had a +9,266,378 ?? 

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

JugNut

Yea it's certainly not the best way he could have done it but at least now the math works.  This way at least it's easy for all to work out if they have the right credit or not. And from now on credit will be easy for him to fix if anything further goes wrong.
Just add up all the tasks you've done then multiply them by 44.  It's not pretty but at least the math works. 

My personal stat's

chooka03

Quote from: JugNut on September 18, 2019, 02:29:09 PM
I must admit I haven't thought of this project as purely science for some time, after a while I just did it for fun and then to learn about running multiple instances of boinc but now even the fun factor does not work as an excuse any longer.
Goofy seems to be unable to figure out the credit system,  although he's certainly not alone there LOL.   But his latest fix was to award everyone 44 points for every WU done.  The problem is for many years he awarded credits at different rates ranging from 12 - 44 points per WU.  But now all credit past & present has been awarded 44 points each hence the reason for the extra credit and why users that have crunched there from the beginning received the biggest increases.  I might have said fair enough except for the fact that we've all seen credit SNAFU's in the past from other projects but even when a project lost all record of credits during for example a project disaster they were then able to fix credits by getting current credit from either boincstats or freeDC.  Why he can't do that this time around is a mystery?

Since I have nothing new to add that hasn't been said already I just don't bother posting on their forums anymore. The guy is well known for having major stress and other related problems and I have no wish to add to his woes and besides there are plenty of people posting and venting their displeasure so me doing the same wouldn't achieve anything.  Does he deserve it? Well yea he kinda does but it's also clear that he's in over his head and needs help,  as such I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

That said it might be time for me to quit this project before something else goes majorly awry.  Besides i've done more than my fair share of work there plus if things ever majorly improve I can always return at some later date.

Crunch-on  :crazy

Well as long as he doesn't ask the admin at YAFU for advice on credits!  :thumbdown:
That's another ballz up imo.

JugNut

I haven't done any YAFU yet Chooka so thanks for the warning LOL

My personal stat's

Mysteron347