News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazzduke

I have had a short break from WCG, cleaning out large work caches (running boinc 7.0.15) and had incorrect settings I forgot about.  But now am back to WCG only, well I am after my GOLD on HCMD2 since that has been extended.

Also trying a few tasks of the new project as well

Regards
tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

veebee

Wow Kashi... 4, 5  or 6 hours !! Your machine/s must be flying !

I have completed 6 (on i7-920 running at 3.4 GHz) onone of my machines, ranging in duration from 8.26 to 10.1 hours - averaging 9.06 hrs each.. and they appear to be claiming around 25 credits per hour (it SAYS "Boinc credits" too !)

It looks liek it will take a while for the credit to start dripping through.

(Also, managed to get to the Emerald Badge in "Drug Search for Leishmaniasis" ).

I will give 100 % of my machines to this new project. as the credit rate (if paying close to what it is claiming) is better than anything they have had for a while !

Dingo

Congrats veebe on the Emerald Badge, +1 :congrats :congrats

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Congratulations veebee on the Emerald DSFL.+1        :congrats     :congrats

The Schistosoma tasks are possibly different batches with different runtimes, I've completed 10 now; fastest was 2.39 hours, slowest was 5.34 hours, average was 3.72 hours according to WCGDAWS.

None have validated yet so I don't know if I'm doing them any faster than my wingmen or not. ;D
Don't know about the credit yet,  granted credit for new WCG quorum projects is sometimes higher at first and then goes down as more low claiming computers join.

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on February 23, 2012, 02:16:09 PM
Not to worry, snail badge here I come. :crazy

Too late ... I got the first one. Halfway to silver.  v:

kashi

Perhaps they'll make another one for me too. :angel:

I've got a fair bit of one in my cache already I think, I got a small batch of shorter AAA type tasks first, but topped up with large batch of longer A types so my 1 day cache is probably actually a 2 day cache as the GFLOPS value is the same. ???

Dataman

Yep, I've had runtimes from 3 hours to over 16 hours. Seems like they are trying to adjust them now. All of my VINA projects seems to have big variations.

LawryB

Here we go with the snails again.  Damn!!!!!

Dataman

I checked in at WCG and their upgrade seems to be going fine. Reminder: If you want to participate in the GPU Beta for HCC (which should be a long one and will probably start next week) then you must go to your device profile and check the box marked:

" If my computer can process work on my graphics card, then please send me work to run on my graphics card for the projects that I have selected above."

Cheers

kashi

You also need to click Beta Testing in the left hand column and check the box on the page you go to.

Some delay with their upgrade:
"We have completed the database backup and installed the new software. Unfortunately, the changes to the database are taking longer than expected. There is a chance that this outage may last longer than originally planned."

Dingo

Are they sending out any work for GPU's yest?  I haven't sen anything on their site and I have three PC's setup to accept them when they come.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Not yet. Not sure, but I suspect they may now delay until at least after the next scheduled outage on the 15th, (starts early on the 16th here in Aus).

kashi

Beta HCC GPU live now. You need to select Beta Testing and also " If my computer can process work on my graphics card, then please send me work to run on my graphics card for the projects that I have selected above." in the main projects section.

Apparently you don't need to have HCC project selected but you may receive Beta HCC CPU tasks as well as GPU tasks.

My first one took 179 seconds on a HD 5870 at default 870/1250. First 3 all claimed exactly 32 credits, 4th one claimed 100.3, none validated yet. Haven't been able to get any more so far.

Windows only at this stage.

danhtruong

Hi kashi,

I signed up for that too, the beta testing and process work on my graphics card options.

I also run Collatz on my graphics cards via BOINC.
Do you know what happens with WCG if it gets a beta HCC wu, does it jump the Collatz queue and gets processed immediately?

Not sure if the video cards should be in idle for it to work properly across BOINC/WCG.
(Haven't received a beta wu yet)

kashi

I wasn't doing another GPU project so not sure but it should process in received order I suppose unless it goes into high priority mode. The 8 tasks I received all ran in high priority mode because I am using BOINC development version 7.0.20 which has a different work fetch system to released versions. Because "connect about every x.xx days" has now become "Minimum work buffer" tasks with a short deadline tend to go into high priority mode if that setting is higher than about 0.8 days. High priority mode often causes other non high priority tasks to be swapped out and remain "waiting to run" until all high priority tasks have completed.