News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project News - FreeHAL@home

Started by BF, June 13, 2009, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BF

From the FreeHAL@home news feed:

New Server needed

Friday, 12 June 2009 10:00 AM

Although I've got some mirror offers the project still needs more resources, so I had to lower the work unit limit from 25 to 5 (!) until I can be sure that the server can handle a higher limit...

BF

CPU usage

Thursday, 9 July 2009 10:00 AM

Some older work units have a higher cpu usage, up to several minutes. Newer ones use the CPU much less than a minute. So if you think that there is something going wrong, you can even abort these old tasks; our scheduler is able to generate new WUs with the same input data automatically.

BF

Server down time

Friday, 10 July 2009 10:00 AM

It was unavoidable to shut down the server for some hours today, but now 11:33 am (CEST) everything is running as it should do.

BF

Limit of 25 WUs

Friday, 10 July 2009 10:00 AM

The current limit of 25 WUs at the same time seems to work quite well. Next week I will be on holiday, and we will see how well it will work during this period of time.  I won't have internet during that week, but if there are problems feel free to contact me (mobile phone), then I will try to get online.  If the limit works well, I plan to increase it to 35 and so on.

BF

Bugs

Friday, 24 July 2009 10:00 AM

I'm sending this message with a mobile phone so I can't write so much now. I noticed that there are several bugs which
appeared during my holidays (I'll be back at monday), but my internet connection here is so bad that I can't really fix anything.
So I ask you (project members) to create bug reports in our bug tracker about every new problem (but not 10 reports for each!), and you should mark it as a bug that appeared during my holidays (you can select that as a "type of bug").
Thank you, Tobias

Dingo

Looks like Feehal gave all participants 11000 credits just for being participants, in lieu of credits that would have been erned during a recent DDos attack ??

Look here for more details.  

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA