News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Multiple WU's

Started by daveandton, June 22, 2009, 02:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveandton

Just noticed that I've got 3 WU's running at once. It says 1 is using the GPU and the other 2 just the CPU. Only just happened. Any ideas as it's only ever run 1 at a time in the past
Dave

Wang Solutions

Have you tried stopping BOINC completely and restarting it??

daveandton

Yes indeed. The 3 continue running  :cry2:
Dave

BF

What project are we talking here?

Wang Solutions

I haven't seen that behaviour in GPU grid. Do you have a cc_config file or similar set that might be confusing it? Have you tried suspending all GPU work units except the one you want to run?

BF

Quote from: BF on June 22, 2009, 06:38:44 PM
What project are we talking here?  
Ahhhh whoops..

should have read the category  :blush1:

Have you recently updated CUDA drivers?

The only thing I can think of is that GPU Grid recently posted that you need minimum 180 version drivers to run the new WUs... so if you're still on something like 178 that could cause problems..

yoda

I don't have an answer and haven't seen that behaviour myself but it would seem this is a BOINC problem, rather than a CUDA driver.  Unless the CUDA driver is telling BOINC that it has 3 GPUs (check the logs)

daveandton

Completely mystified. I can stop them one at a time, no probs, got the 180.44 driver  Boinc 6.4.5 none of which have been changed. It shows only the 1 CUDA device but runs the other 2 only using CPU. Got no idea what's happened
Dave

Furlozza

Upgrade Boinc to 6.6.28 and see how that goes (Provided you are using windoze)

GPUGrid does use the cpu, but that should be very lightly and restricted to the .15 of A cpu or whatever CPUs are allowed with the CUDA

Wang Solutions

Have you posted about it on the project forums? I have had great feedback and help when I have posted problems there.

daveandton

Just going to post on the forum now thanks and if I find out anything interesting I'll let everybody know
Dave