No GPU projects running on one machine..

Started by veebee, October 21, 2009, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veebee

Hve just come home from being away for a week, and swapped ove to my other i7 to find GPUGrid WU just sitting there, at 10 %.. "waiting to run".

tried downloading some Milkyway cuda wu's and they wont start up either !

tried stopping/ restarting client, even tried a reboot.. still the same...

I was wondering why I was earning about 20K a day less than I figured before I left !

Any ideas out there , as to why it would just sit there... "waiting to run"..?

Thnx

kashi

A few days ago I had Collatz ATI and MilkyWay ATI tasks go into "waiting to run" mode. Rebooted numerous times, updated BOINC version. Nothing I did would get them to run. Discovered a new option in Computing preferences "Suspend GPU work while computer is in use?"  had been reset to yes by the Collatz server. I set it back to no and ATI tasks started working again.

Half an hour later it was reset to yes again, so I switched to setting Computing preferences in BOINC Manager, rather than on any project webpage. On processor usage tab, ticked in box "Use GPU while computer is in use", checked other preferences were correctly configured and then clicked OK. Hasn't happened since.

Don't know if it is the cause in your case but it is worth a look.

veebee

Thanks Kashi,

the tasks I spoke of completed over night, but only because the network "went down" and all CPU work finished.

That computer didn't have "use GPU while.." ticked, but it is now. My main machine was already ticked to use GPU.

So hopefully i will now get back to what my daily output SHOULD be !

+1