News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

New work nearly here

Started by Rob, March 19, 2010, 07:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

This is from the Orbit front page.
QuoteSubmitted by tricaric on Tue, 03/16/2010 - 21:46.

The orbit@home code development has resumed since the beginning of March 2010. We are now writing and testing the programs that assimilate observational data and prepare work units. Next we will complete and test the BOINC application. Initial test WUs should be released in about 2-3 weeks.

Rob

More news.
This was posted by Pasquale a few hours ago.

QuoteWe spent the past two weeks making sure that the process of transforming all the original observing data (several hundred MB) into what's needed for each WU (few KB actual WU, plus a few MB of static data and binaries) is as smooth and accurate as possible. This is almost done now. So we should finalize it this week, and then finalize the app in the next week or two. So if you still believe in my projected timelines, we should start to see WUs by the end of the month.

Rob

A handful of test units were sent out to Linux systems yesterday, so regular work is getting closer :-)

EDIT:Just received a wu on my Kubuntu box. Says 204hrs to completion but going by comments in the forum I expect them to take around 24hrs.
Test units are also being generated for Windows as well now although I haven't received any yet.

EDIT2:Just checked my wu details & my wingman finished it in 184 seconds on a Q6600, so I think it may be a little quicker than the 204 hours Boinc currently estimates  ::)

EDIT3:Finished the wu in 180.85 seconds for claimed credit of 1.78

JohnG

kashi

Haha, have to be fast to get any. Maybe one day.

orbit@home   Message from server: (Project has no jobs available)