News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

60 loans for $1,625 ...  :faint:

LawryB

You must have a heart of gold Dataman.  Well done.

BTW, I received my first payment.  I am now have 02 cents in the kitty.  "Small cows" take a while to grow I guess.

Dataman

That's the whole team's golden hearts. Amazing how fast it grows once reinvesting begins.  :congrats

Dataman

The monthly KIVA payback has started. I should be able to make two more loans. :dance:

Dingo

Still only have $15 paid back, need to wait a bit longer.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Thanks for the heads up, had enough for another 2. Chose one myself and used autopick for the other.   ;D

2 of the loans I made previously have now been repaid in full.

veebee

Wow ... you guys are "lucky" (or [obviously] I picked "bad" people to lend to !) ....

I have gotten a whopping $3.29 back from $50 loaned !

kashi

Nah, I just picked a few with the shortest repayment term. If the loan has been actually allocated a month or more before you choose it, then one with a 6 month repayment term can end up being fully repaid in under 5 months.

Doesn't really matter, short term or long term, I just wanted a few to be turning over. Actually for people in the poorest countries or where the loan is for seasonal agriculture or stock raising a longer term loan may actually be more helpful. Depends on the circumstances and your viewpoint, at first I believed that shorter term loans were a better idea as they minimised the total interest being charged to borrowers but then I realised that a longer loan term meant that a larger amount could be borrowed or each monthly repayment could be less. Now I alternate between picking one myself which is usually shorter term and using autopick which often chooses a longer term one for me.

Dingo

I have over $24 back from my $100 loaned so will be able to loan again on the next repayment.  Taken a long time to get there though.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Please welcome Jave to B@A's Kiva team. Jave is a long-time Kiva member since '07 with 127 loans.

:welcome1:

We now have 12 members with 85 loans of $2,225. Good job mates!

:aus1:

kashi

Dataman

The monthly repayment process has started. I can make 4 new loans.  :dance:

:aus1:

kashi

Woot, 2 new loans made.  :thumbsup:

My autopick this time is for cows and a horse in Kyrgyzstan.  ;D

veebee

I am still having dreadful luck with (out) repayments .... but made another nonetheless ..

have also posted a note to all my friends on facebook about Kiva, and suggested that they look at joining a team if they are interested in loaning - OUR team of course !

DidierT

3 new loans for me  :crazy