News:

Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WikiWill

None for me this month as I'm still waiting for a couple of very slow repayments.  It's time to put a few more bits of junk on eBay so I can divert the payments from Paypal to Kiva without the GLW taking an intermediary cut!   :rofl:

Dennis

BOINC AT AUSTRALIA
20 members have lent $8,175 in 307 loans

:congrats

Dingo

Quote from: WikiWill on February 19, 2012, 08:25:40 PM
None for me this month as I'm still waiting for a couple of very slow repayments.  It's time to put a few more bits of junk on eBay so I can divert the payments from Paypal to Kiva without the GLW taking an intermediary cut!   :rofl:

I have some of my Harley Davidson 100Th Anniversary stuff on ebay.com.au.  Sold one piece so far first time for me to sell.  I used that to buy my new modem/router.... :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

veebee

Quote from a good friends Facebook Status...:

"Sold on ebay: Charlie Chuckles badge of the 1970's newspaper comics - cost me 70c in 1971 worth a packet at $740 Sold ! "

Seems even the slightest thing could be worth a fortune in years to come... time to buy lots of crappy little things and stow them away.

(actually, my ex-wife's mum had this toy robot she bought when pregnant, hoping it was a boy.. the chest opens.. he spins around and then these "machine gun" type things fire "lasers..".. saw a ratty one go on "antique roadshow " for 200 GBP.. and this one is in it's original box.. both robot and box are in mint condition !
might have to try to see if I can "select a couple of memories" of the ex-mother-in-law ! )

WikiWill

I have about 20 boxes of 8 inch floppy disks, if you want to try your luck with one of those.  Although, from past experience, they are almost not worth the effort.  Maybe in 30 years' time? :D

Dataman

I completely forgot about KIVA this month. I was able to make 3 more loans.

kashi

Yikes, I forgot too, thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:
2 loans for me this month, should have been 3, but Kimsour hasn't sold his cows yet.

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on March 17, 2012, 04:12:28 AM
Yikes, I forgot too, thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:
2 loans for me this month, should have been 3, but Kimsour hasn't sold his cows yet.

biggrin Tell Kimsour I'll take one cow as I have been eating boiled shimp and deep-fried hushpuppies for the last couple of months. I got another funny hat woman holding a baby. :dance:

kashi

You must have been ravenous to eat Hushpuppies, I've only ever worn them. Hmm, deep-fried I suppose the laces go crunchy like Mee Krob.:rofl:

Two hats in one, the baby's hat's a beauty too. :thumbsup:

Sean

YES!!!!   :dance2:

My long delinquent loan has been completely repaid, I had given up on it. Nearly enough to make two loans now.

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on March 17, 2012, 10:53:01 AM
You must have been ravenous to eat Hushpuppies, I've only ever worn them. Hmm, deep-fried I suppose the laces go crunchy like Mee Krob.:rofl:

Two hats in one, the baby's hat's a beauty too. :thumbsup:

You can use the laces as dental floss.  :jester:

Mysteron347

Quote from: Sean on March 17, 2012, 11:53:45 AM
YES!!!!   :dance2:

My long delinquent loan has been completely repaid, I had given up on it. Nearly enough to make two loans now.

Oh, brilliant! Better late than never. Much easier to make the next loan when there's no potential default around.

Dingo

I finally had enough paid back to re-loan out again.  I loaned $25 to a group of teachers in Sierra Leone which is my 10th loan.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

I got an early repayment today and made a loan. I could not find any funny hat women. Three more days to KIVA day. We are over $9,000 now.  :dance:

:aus1:

kashi

I'm partial to a good hat myself now and again.;D Not only do they look stylish but the wearers are usually very reliable with repayments.:thumbsup:

Saidu will appreciate the loan anyway. She grows quinoa, anyone tried it? Quinoa, buckwheat and oats are grains that are supposed to be a healthier choice because they can increase glucose tolerance. It would want to be to good because it's $7.80 for 500g in Coles. I suppose the Peruvians would be surprised at the quinoa price in Australia. I've never tried ceviche either, although I ate oodles of raw fish when I was eating only raw food for a few years.