News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

@Kevin: Wrote
NEWS

100,000,000 Credits issued
Thank you everyone - overnight we passed 100,000,000 credits issued according to http://boincstats.com/en/stats/projectStatsInfo

So far you've crunched:

1,400 galaxies
    6,800,000 pixels
    405,000 areas

David and I really appreciate your participation 27 Nov 2012 | 5:12:59 UTC ยท Comment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS Plenty of work now... Come & get em'..

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

kashi

Yo POGS, filled ma cache, cookin' with gas now.v:

Mike Mitchell

Yep, mines filled up too.  :yahoo:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Screaming Eagle

as of right now

4167 tasks ready to send.

Dataman

When I got up there were only 1K wu left. :thumbdown: On a high note, we passed "that other team" in RAC.  :thumbsup:
:oz:

LawryB

Plenty there at 6:30 AM Eastern.   The project also passed the 100 million credits milestone.
IMHO the best project development I've seen.  Inclusive, Informative and Interesting - good stuff.
Folks, If you have similar thoughts maybe you would like to let the Admins know.  A little :congrats :congrats goes a long way. 

Cheers

Julian

I'll go along with that Lawry :thumbsup: A pleasure to be with.
I seem to have been gaining (slowly) in the last few weeks in every ranking except the "team position" ranking - must be a good team...

JugNut

Quote from: LawryB on November 28, 2012, 06:48:30 AM
IMHO the best project development I've seen.  Inclusive, Informative and Interesting - good stuff.
Folks, If you have similar thoughts maybe you would like to let the Admins know.  A little :congrats :congrats goes a long way. 

That's for sure Lawry & WTD.  :thumbsup:

POGS is great on many levels & these are just a few of them...     

The first Aussie boinc project,
    + has great scientific value & is quite interesting to boot, (the parts I can understand anyway)
    + has a responsible admin who cares about & actively courts members opinions & is quick to fix any problems,(also seems a nice bloke)
    + there team is also working on development of a GPU app to further speed up processing, (can't wait)
    + has a more than fair credit system,
    + has work units that are close to perfect size for crunching.

Something for everybody...  :cheer1:

My personal stat's

Mike Mitchell

All we need now is for him to join our team.  :wink
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

LawryB

JugNut

Some high powered new members at POGS?   Maybe someone giving us a hand?

My personal stat's

Dataman

:angry: I do not like this.
http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=183
It appeas we are out-crunching their ability to create work. I really want a GPU app there but they don't even have the ability to keep up with the CPU's. I really don't like "do-overs".  :angry:
What do other members think?

LawryB

Concur Dataman.  Will wait for "originals"  rather than crunch just for the sake of a challenge.

JugNut

Mmm no not fond of do-over's either,  but even less fond of losing our "overall lead" in the rankings that took a heck of a lot of effort to get that we may never get again.  Even with a huge amount of help from a dozen plus transfer members from other teams where only just hanging on & starting to pull away. ???

At least there's proper work till Tuesday..  :wink

My personal stat's

Screaming Eagle

Quote from: Dataman on January 26, 2013, 04:39:31 AM
:angry: I do not like this.
http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=183
It appeas we are out-crunching their ability to create work. I really want a GPU app there but they don't even have the ability to keep up with the CPU's. I really don't like "do-overs".  :angry:
What do other members think?

I agree. There's no point of re-doing old data. Doesn't that kinda go against the whole idea of BOINC?