News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

ATI Work Units

Started by LawryB, October 15, 2012, 09:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawryB

Anyone else having trouble getting ATI work units?

owner

No problems so far Lawry.  Got my last batch 3 hours ago.

LawryB

Thanks Tin Man.  My 3 machines are reporting that there are no ATI tasks.   Bugger,  something is crook in Tullarook.  :compbash:  :furious: etc.

LawryB

Oooops sorry Tullarook.   Finger problems in preference.  Deselected  Run test applications? - so it did.   Bashhead Bashhead Bashhead

JugNut

Don't worry Lawry your not the only one.  Who knew ATI work units are still considered "test app's"?   I can remember yanking out more than a few hairs the day it happen to me. :blush1:

owner

All's well that ends well, as the saying goes.  Glad things are back to normal.   :thumbsup:

LawryB

Here I am trying to sort out my video cards and new drivers and bugger me if the processing times don't all double.   OK restore the old drivers etc etc etc etc etc etc etc and whoa there horse they are still taking twice as long.
Hey Lawry better go onto the web page and see what is happening.   No nothing there, Hmmm am I having a pensioner moment?
So folks. am I having a pensioner moment or are the work units taking longer?

owner

Think its a new batch of Work units Lawry.  Up to yesterday they all started as ntim.  Since then all start with md5 and do seem to be taking double the time to complete.  Hope this helps. Mike

JugNut

Yep what Tin Man said.   The WU's with the "12345678 md5_mix..." in the file name are the slow one's & the ones "12345678 ntlm_mix....." are the quicker ones that we've seen up till now.  They do both from time to time apparently & another called "12345678 mysqlsha1_mix......" I think as well.   There's still some of the quicker WU's mixed in but not even enough to even cherry pick. (if anyone would do such a thing)   

It caught me before & it almost caught me again this time, before it finally dawned on me what was wrong.      Changing the drivers must just be a coincidence i'm afraid Lawry.   These are the things that are sent to try us.

@How goes the crunching Tin Man?  All good I hope?

LawryB

Thanks Mike, JN.  Was hoping it was something like that, just a coincidence I was trying out the new Catalyst driver at the same time.

Cheers

owner

@ JN.  All good at the moment thanks.

Steady but consistent progress without pushing things too hard.  World ranking is up by 100 which is good to see as it had fallen to 850ish when i moved back to the UK and my computers were on the high seas or stuck in transit for 4 months.  Have reached the rank of 30 in the UK in the Country Stats.  Fingers crossed for the low to mid 20's in the next year.

In the meantime happy crunching to yourself and all team members.  I'm intending to stay as a member of a great team for as long as you'll have me

JugNut

All excellent news Tin Man  :thumbsup:  Keep up the cracking pace mate..  :crazy

And don't be a stranger

Cheers ..JN..

JugNut

Anyone else run out of rainbows.  I Ran dry about 4 hrs ago and can't get a one ???

LawryB

Yep, and one of my PCs bombed out all DistRTgen wus with computation failure.  On to POEM for a while methinks.

JugNut

Thanks mate  :thumbsup:

I was starting to think my PC had lost the plot,  because I couldn't find anything about it on there forums + there's 10k worth of WU's waiting to be sent.   Of course they don't give you the break down so they could be 10 thousand Nvidia or CPU WU's.  Who knows?

Let me know when someone gets some..  Cheers ..JN..