News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

DENIS@Home Update

Started by kashi, October 25, 2015, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Thanks to Daniel for the heads up about optimized apps at DENIS.  :thumbsup: +1

My new Skylake rig is finally built I've been crunching up a storm on DENIS using Crunch3r's optimized SSE4.1 app.  

If anyone wants to have a go at DENIS, the optimized apps are much, much faster than the default apps, so the optimized app credit rate is currently very high. You can watch your credits zoom up quickly if you hanker for a burst of high credit crunching.

It's to do with heart disease research too, so project "worthiness" must be up there somewhere. Links to optimized apps can be found in DENIS forum.

Don't forget:

Denis Denis, oh with your eyes so blue
Denis Denis, I've got a crush on you
Denis Denis, I'm so in love with you

Oh when we walk it always feels so nice
And when we talk it seems like paradise
Denis Denis I'm so in love with you

JugNut

Yep that's how I found out about it too,  only just started crunching there yesterday trying out sesef's app ATM. So thanks Daniel   :thumbsup:  + karma

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

JugNut

Sesef has a new AVX2 app.  Supposedly 30% faster again. :crazy   Only for those with late model model i7 - 4xxx series or better..

If in doubt about you CPU capabilities download CPU-Z.  Haven't tried it myself as yet so can't comment on how fast it go's.

http://optos.sesef.pl/denis

My personal stat's

kashi

Aha, was about to post about it here myself. Sesef's AVX2 is 13-14% faster than Crunch3r's SSE 4.1 version on my Skylake i7 6700K. Smokin'  :boom:    v:

JugNut

I'm not sure what magical juju you infused into your new rig kashi but it's insanely fast on DENIS.  :shock  I'm completely blown away by it's speed. 

Enjoy buddy...

My personal stat's

JugNut

For anyone interested a DENIS challenge has just started on boincstats. So crunch em' if you got em' to help the team numbers.
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/730

:oz:

My personal stat's

kashi

Yes I saw there was a challenge on.
Noticed some others were referencing the Blondie song, haha.

Was about to try "magical juju" :coolgleam: box on POGS now that I've reached 2 million but will stay for the challenge.

That will also allow me to upgrade from gold to platinum heart. :thumbsup:

Hmm, gold and platinum hearts of course reminded me of a wooden heart, go Elvis:

There's no strings upon this love of mine
It was always you from the start
Treat me nice
Treat me good
Treat me like you really should
Cause I'm not made of wood
And I don't have a wooden heart

Songs, songs, what about ear worms? Watched RockWiz a few months ago and saw Normie Rowe performing Ooh La La. Not the greatest song, but man what an earworm. Was with me for almost a week and am still getting flashbacks now and again.

Lots of old songs popping into my brain lately for no apparent reason. Must be the start of senility, suddenly remembering songs from 40-50 years ago and forgetting what I had for breakfast. Good fun though, yesterday was the Monkees, Daydream Believer and I'm a Believer. My brother's got it too, yesterday his was Thunderclap Newman, Something in the Air and Hall & Oates, Rich Girl.

JugNut

*LOL* It was almost a very short challenge. At at the start of the challenge the sudden surge of bunkered tasks reporting in and all wanting new tasks all at once for a time brought DENIS to it's knees.  

My personal stat's

Dingo

Dennis@home is back up and running.  It has a new URL     https://denis.usj.es/denisathome/

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

This project is being reactivated and now requires that you activated stats export under GDPR rules in your profile.

Dingo

Getting work for Dennis@home "New human ventricular cell model"  and  "Beta of DENIS-myocyte" tasks.  Getting about 35 credits per hour per task.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

Abruraspingi

Denis having a power outage before the big push on Monday. Hopefully they get it all sorted and there aren't any hiccups

"DENIS@home: Review of the electrical installation of the University // Revisión de la instalación eléctrica de la Universidad
Hi!
Due to a review of the electrical installation of the University, DENIS@home could be temporarily out of service today between 15:00 and 20:00 CEST.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause"

Dingo

Quote[DENIS@Home] Project status update // Actualización del estado del proyecto
Dear volunteers,
I am writing to update you on how the different experiments we had launched have been going and the next steps we will take.

On the one hand, we have finished (at least temporarily) the optimization of our model. As we had already told you, with the results that you have sent us, we managed to greatly improve how our model represented different physiological markers, but a problem that we thought we had solved had reappeared. We have tried different options but it reappeared in all of them. That forces us to stop and take steps back in the definition of the model, so, for the moment, we will not be launching new simulations in NHuVe.

On the other hand, as we had told you, we are trying to use our optimization algorithm in another existing model. The results seem to be very good, but we have to work in parallel on their validation.

In the coming weeks we will be working on requesting funding from the Government of Aragon for a new research project that will use DENIS as a computing platform, so you may have noticed that our activity has decreased a little. If this goes well (hopefully!) we will keep you informed, but keep in mind that these things are slow so the answer will take months to arrive.

Thank you all very much for staying there and for your support.

Sincerely,
Jesus.

View article · Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:00:08 +0000

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

Dennis@Home has a bunch of work now.

Radioactive@home graph