News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

KIVA

Started by Dataman, August 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

One for me this month. Plenty of different rices, Ngoc Nu, No Mem, Thai Deo, 64 Thom.

Nice big hats again Jave and Dataman.:thumbsup:

Haha, "Blessed are the cheesemakers".biggrin

Edit: Just got a later repayment which gave me enough for another. Autopick chose Pela in Samoa. Never made a loan to Samoa before.:thumbsup:

JugNut

It's a pity you can't search for Kiva loans by hat size.  biggrin

Dataman

KIVA Day! Only one for me.  :cry2:

Edit: Enough for two more came in.  :dance:

kashi

One for me too, mmm mangoes. :thumbsup:

Dingo

I had enough for one loan as well.  :yahoo: The Team stats are quite impressive for loans.  http://www.kiva.org/team/boinc_at_australia

TEAM MEMBERS

$20,950
AMOUNT LOANED

LOANS

LOANS PER MEMBER

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Mysteron347

kashi

Burundi is one of the five poorest countries in the world, one to Kaze Group for me.

JugNut

Great idea guy's, I just loaned there as well.

:rocks

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on March 24, 2013, 03:30:40 PM
Burundi is one of the five poorest countries in the world, one to Kaze Group for me.

Thanks! I will take a look (the next time I  have funds  biggrin).
:cheers:

veebee

Just found out I have another $50 back in my account..will head online and have a look..

in the email they sent TELLING me I was up to $50, I saw somethiong about.." send a student to school, promote clean energy, or support borrowers living in conflict zones and more than 60 countries around the world"....

I wonder if the "loans" are repayed with the "sending kids to school" side of it.. I feel that getting an education for some of these poor kids would be very worthwhile...

Mysteron347

Quote from: veebee on March 28, 2013, 09:41:40 PM
I wonder if the "loans" are repayed with the "sending kids to school" side of it.. I feel that getting an education for some of these poor kids would be very worthwhile...

Likely having someone in the family who can read could be of advantage to illiterate parents - better job opportunities later when the parents need financial support themselves. Long-term investment though - but the school has to pay the teachers' salaries NOW.

Not sure such a scheme would work in this county though. Much easier for the politicians to change the law to suit the stupid and the idle, isn't it?

Dataman

KIVA Day!
Alas, no repayments yet and no new loans for me.
:greet

Mysteron347

Quote from: Dataman on April 17, 2013, 01:23:31 AM
KIVA Day!
Alas, no repayments yet and no new loans for me.
:greet

:panic:

I'd look to your Estimated Repayments page.

Estimated Repayments due by May 1, 2013
(Typically repaid by the "Settlement Date," which is the 17th of the month prior to the "Due Date")

...been in the wind for a couple of months, I read on Kivafriends.....

LawryB

1 loan for me today.  Only 1 decent hat though. http://www.kiva.org/lend/544910

kashi